Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Anyone had dealings with Hermes delivery company?

In which case what was the purpose of putting the card through the door.
Seems counter productive.
One of our neighbours (almost a mile away - it's "deep rural" out here) had a card put through the letterbox that turned out to be about the non-delivery of an item of post that wasn't intended for them anyway.

As it happens, it was Roz's new passport that hadn't been delivered - either to the house that got the card or to our house.

I am at the moment having trouble with another company, DPD, whom which I ordered a parcel with on next day deliverey (at a cost of £8!) on Thursday the 18th and I am yet to receive it. It forwards you to the website on the conformation email yet I have no clue how to fecking track it as the option on DPD - Parcel Services and Parcel Shipping encourages you to tap in your tracking number then upon clicking leaves you on some web page that does anything but!

PLEASE!!! Anybody that knows how to track on DPD could you tell me if/where I am going wrong.

( Second what most are saying, Hermes are "fackin sheeeeeeeet")

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thank you BG (even if you are a moany old git sometimes ) we all try to do the job as best as we can but sometimes some people are never happy

That is not a problem if its good shout about it if not complain.

I have driven through France Spain to Portugal and in doing went into Continent Hypermarkets who had a picture of am ale in shorts and no shirt, a female ina bikini and a child standing in a trolley, all had a large red cross through them indicating that they were not permitted. I wrote to Tesco about this as they seem reluctant to enforce it stating that their staff get abused over enforcing it my point was that with a picture the staff just referred the offenders to the picture stating it was company policy nothing to do with them. Tesco thanked me for my observation and suggestion and sent me a gift card for use in their stores value £20.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I am at the moment having trouble with another company, DPD, whom which I ordered a parcel with on next day deliverey (at a cost of £8!) on Thursday the 18th and I am yet to receive it. It forwards you to the website on the conformation email yet I have no clue how to fecking track it as the option on DPD - Parcel Services and Parcel Shipping encourages you to tap in your tracking number then upon clicking leaves you on some web page that does anything but!

PLEASE!!! Anybody that knows how to track on DPD could you tell me if/where I am going wrong.

( Second what most are saying, Hermes are "fackin sheeeeeeeet")

We caught the DPD man walking back up our (short) driveway after NOT pushing the doorbell and putting a card through the door, when we were home.

Very difficult people to deal with!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... I would sooner the parcel be left in a safe place, even if hidden behind a flower pot and be able to pick it up when I get home rather than go to the post depot.

agree in principle, but when there is no card to say its there, its the middle of winter so you dont see it for a couple of days, its not so clever.

...we all try to do the job as best as we can but sometimes some people are never happy

maybe im being fussy, leaving a cardboard box on an unsheltered doorstep in the middle of near tropical rain doesn't make me happy. nor does leaving an item without having rung the door bell when i'd stayed in to wait for it. while no doubt some do the best they can (leave with the nieghbours is good), doesnt apply to *all*, clearly some cant be arsed.

now i would rather goto the RM depot to collect.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here