Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nzuzi Toko SIGNS

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
We have a squad of 17 players not signed by the new manager. Why is Toko any different from any of them?

There are clear gaps in our squad that MUST be filled before the season starts and we'll lose out on some players that would be good for us if we don't act early.

Nothing to do with "finance guys" - its common sense!

Because most new managers come in, have a look at what they've got, decide who they want to keep to fit in with their playing philosophy and start to build their own squad. Otherwise you don't need a manager, just a coach

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
You do realise he will make one sub appearance in the Capital One Cup and never appear on the team sheet again (Called doing a Augustien) ?

Except Agustien ate all the pies now is too lazy to play or train where as what I've seen toko is an animal who never stops

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Another thing. With the quality of refereeing these days "Firm but fair" hardman tackling is likely to see us finish the game with less men than we started with.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'm sorry but I just don't understand how you can sign a player with no manager in place. I just don't get it. How do we know he will fit the incoming man's plan. Obviously there is no plan. Just like we feared. Managers don't have much say in which players are signed, it's mainly down to the finance guys.

As others have no doubt pointed out the contract was agreed before Oscar left, it just wasn't announced until after the end of the Swiss season, which was on Sunday. What's worse the club sign a player that a new manager doesn't fancy, there is a whole squad of players he might not fancy that are already contracted to us, or we get taken to court by a player for breach of contract by cancelling it at the last moment a couple of months after everything was agreed?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Whats thoughts on where this leaves the squad and future ins/outs. Assuming he's been bought to fill that Bridcutt/Andrews/Ince role then that means we now have
- Ince
- Toko
- Andrews
- Stephens
- Crofts
- Agustien

fighting for at most 1-2 places in a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 line up.

So i'm assuming that as Ince, Crofts and Stephens are unlikely to be going anywhere that the only conclusion is
a) Andrews isn't coming back and
b) Still a possibility that we might be open to offers for Kemy (who has a contract for this season at least)

And we're looking for at other options to replace Lopez, Orlandi, in midfield.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Whats thoughts on where this leaves the squad and future ins/outs. Assuming he's been bought to fill that Bridcutt/Andrews/Ince role then that means we now have
- Ince
- Toko
- Andrews
- Stephens
- Crofts
- Agustien

fighting for at most 1-2 places in a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 line up.

So i'm assuming that as Ince, Crofts and Stephens are unlikely to be going anywhere that the only conclusion is
a) Andrews isn't coming back and
b) Still a possibility that we might be open to offers for Kemy (who has a contract for this season at least)

And we're looking for at other options to replace Lopez, Orlandi, in midfield.

Andrews wont be coming back now we have Toko.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Because most new managers come in, have a look at what they've got, decide who they want to keep to fit in with their playing philosophy and start to build their own squad. Otherwise you don't need a manager, just a coach

The club has a playing philosophy and the manager/coach will fit that philosophy. I thought that was what BHA were trying to establish from the most junior team through to the first team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another thing. With the quality of refereeing these days "Firm but fair" hardman tackling is likely to see us finish the game with less men than we started with.

It's not about the "quality of referee". It's about what's actually written in the laws of the game. Any tackle that is use of "excessive force" i.e. going in harder than they need to, to win the ball - can be punished by a yellow or red card. "Got the ball" means nothing. If you fly in hard, even if you win the ball cleanly you can still be carded.

That controversial red card for Kompany a couple of years ago on Nani, where Nani jumped out of the way and wasn't even touched, was still a red card by the laws of the game.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He's not so hard after all, the Grasshoppers team page says if he wasn't a footballer he'd be a dancer.....bless.

http://www.gcz.ch/1-mannschaft/kade...af79b785de639f/?cfc_league_fe[profileId]=1154

Christopher Walken also says he'd be a dancer as a second profession. Want to mess with him?

065724-111118-walken.jpg

[yt]oF5cBoAV5Ys[/yt]

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think this lad will be our new Hans Kraay!!! Probably a few cards along the way, but has "Cult Hero" written all over him!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

You do realise he will make one sub appearance in the Capital One Cup and never appear on the team sheet again (Called doing a Augustien) ?

Pretty much what I thought when we signed some unheard of little kid from Non League Burton Albion for a few thousand, Peter Ward what a waste of money. :rolleyes:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Is that Withdean Stadium?! And HOW has this thread made 27 pages? You'd think we'd signed Michael Owen or Joe Cole.

I'd rather Nzuzi than Owen or Cole! He was rated £1.76m a couple of years ago, played 33 times last season, fills the gap of Bridcutt and could COULD be the answer to our wafer thin midfield problems as he's fast and strong. How could you not be excited?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd rather Nzuzi than Owen or Cole! He was rated £1.76m a couple of years ago, played 33 times last season, fills the gap of Bridcutt and could COULD be the answer to our wafer thin midfield problems as he's fast and strong. How could you not be excited?

This
:O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here