Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nutty Rules for Attending the Amex

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I have a natural cynicism of anything that gets shared on Facebook. How much info is there beyond that quote? I understand Paul Barber has raised the issue of children not having photo IDs, but it still looked like quite a few got in, and we only have this one post example of a child getting turned away. Seems unlikely to me that in a 2.5k crowd only one child was without ID and not let in. Is this a case of one steward being officious and others being a bit more lenient, or did the adult that took her also not have an ID and that was why they were turned away? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time people have painted themselves as the victims of stewarding at the Amex only for the truth to come out and show they were in the wrong (or the club shop/kids free shirts thing).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But still able to be used?

I’m assuming it’s things like what type of transport used that will go into the mix re percentage of attendance allowed

No. We were asked to park like that. When I returned after the game, I was one of the first back and as far as I could tell everyone had parked in that manner.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No. We were asked to park like that. When I returned after the game, I was one of the first back and as far as I could tell everyone had parked in that manner.

Interesting.....just asked to gauge car parking capacity....I guess when you have a small number that’s easy to do.....when increased I wonder what then ....we shall see ..just one trial men’s game to date

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
im wondering if in this process did anyone check your ticket and ID matched, or did they just check you had ID, let you through. given all tickets are linked to individual, so deal with tracing, i'm wonder why we need to have any ID at all?

They matched my Driving License name to my ticket (well I assume they did, I showed them both).

Could this be done a bit further from the turnstiles?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How did the phone tickets work for those who use this method. I chose print at home as I wasn't confident as not used Google wallet before as I use Samsung Pay.

I read somebodies had failed but was that a minority

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How did the phone tickets work for those who use this method. I chose print at home as I wasn't confident as not used Google wallet before as I use Samsung Pay.

I read somebodies had failed but was that a minority

I work with tech for my job. I have learnt enough to know there will always be a time where it fails. For this reason I will probably always use the print at home option.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have a natural cynicism of anything that gets shared on Facebook. How much info is there beyond that quote? I understand Paul Barber has raised the issue of children not having photo IDs, but it still looked like quite a few got in, and we only have this one post example of a child getting turned away. Seems unlikely to me that in a 2.5k crowd only one child was without ID and not let in. Is this a case of one steward being officious and others being a bit more lenient, or did the adult that took her also not have an ID and that was why they were turned away? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time people have painted themselves as the victims of stewarding at the Amex only for the truth to come out and show they were in the wrong (or the club shop/kids free shirts thing).

Sad for the kid if this was the case, but the rules were set by the Government and I have no doubt the club had to commit to strict, 100% enforcement with no exceptions.

Whoever bought the kid’s ticket and took them is frankly a bit of an idiot. It was crystal clear on the website when buying the ticket, when paying for the ticket, when downloading or printing the ticket and when accepting the ‘special’ T & C and code of conduct that ID would be required.

After purchase, I got an email reminding me. It was retweeted by the club and put on the website. Finally, I got an SMS yesterday morning reminding me AGAIN.

Fair play to PB for calling this out as a potential issue that needs thinking about, but the club can’t be (fairly) criticised in this case.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This

Sad for the kid if this was the case, but the rules were set by the Government and I have no doubt the club had to commit to strict, 100% enforcement with no exceptions.

Whoever bought the kid’s ticket and took them is frankly a bit of an idiot. It was crystal clear on the website when buying the ticket, when paying for the ticket, when downloading or printing the ticket and when accepting the ‘special’ T & C and code of conduct that ID would be required.

After purchase, I got an email reminding me. It was retweeted by the club and put on the website. Finally, I got an SMS yesterday morning reminding me AGAIN.

Fair play to PB for calling this out as a potential issue that needs thinking about, but the club can’t be (fairly) criticised in this case.

And this.

I know we're ingrained to just tick T&Cs without reading but that's how companies get all sorts of dodgy shite past people in one way, but also how you know your rights and obligtions in another.

I read all my T&Cs twice over and made sure I knew where my son's passport was before I bought the tickets. I would have thought that was just common sense.

Incidentally I have potentially been massively stitched up by this myself. My mate and I shared a ticket for our daughters because there was only one spare seat available near us at the start of the 16/17 season. We put it in his daughter's name because we didn't think it would be an issue. Now we're realistically not able to take my daughter until restrictions end despite me paying half of one season's under 10 price to my mate a week or two before lockdown. She's also nine but we explained it to her and she was able to understand.

It also means we'll have to put that ticket on the exchange if it comes up and arrange a playdate for the two girls (they're very close anyway) if ours do. It's pretty far from ideal but it's not the club's fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here