Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nuclear power station coming to Brighton?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sparkie said:
Brighton doesn't appear to be in the top 14 sites for consideration

SUGGESTED NUCLEAR SITES
1. Hinkley Point
2. Sizewell
3. Bradwell
4. Dungeness
5. Hunterston
6. Hartlepool
7. Torness
8. Wylfa
9. Heysham
10. Calder Hall
11. Oldbury
12. Chapelcross
13. Berkeley
14. Trawsfynydd

from bbc today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6685163.stm

thats it...stick em in Wales

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I find it amazing how many people in the public eye (including Bush) cant pronounce the word nuclear.

All I keep hearing is nucular.

How can you trust anyone that cant even get the name right.:dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave the Gaffer said:
the problem is with wind turbines is that councils due to the NIMBY factor will never allow them to be built.

The perfect site for a wind farm is above Fox Way, in Mile Oak. there is a huge field on top of the hill and even on a calm day, the wind howls across Fox Way ) or Windy Heights as it is known locally. However, the noise from these things makes it impossible to build near housing developments.

They are not noisy. We had friends who lived at Penistone who had 12 at the end of their garden. You couldn't hear anything worse than a swish swish. That was only when there was a really strong wind. When it was only breezy, they were silent.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brovian said:
No doubt someone will bang on about the dangers of nuclear power. It's a bit late now when there are already 5 nuclear power stations within an approximate 100 mile radius of Brighton. (used to be 6 but Winfrith shut down).

i bet that doesnt count the half dozen or so along the French coast.

not against the principle of nuclear, but where would it go? maybe shoreham harbour or the old cement works i suppose?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DIFFBROOK said:
I've always said that it would be quicker to build a Nuclear Power Station at Falmer than our football ground.

If not a football ground, then I think a Nuclear power station is ideally suited for Falmer. Afteall its contaminated anyway.

Perhaps we should have built a power station and put a football pitch inside.

We could have got all fans attending matches to wear high-vis jackets and hard hats to fool the Falmerites into thinking we were on our way to work.

We could have got away with it for years.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here