Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSTs getting to an Amex Game.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
So, with STs selling by the bucket load, what is the likelihood that less well off fans can get a single match ticket to home games?:smokin:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
less and less per day - but if we sell 15k , then still be roughly 5k seats avaliable for matches (I think) so not too shabby

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
less and less per day - but if we sell 15k , then still be roughly 5k seats avaliable for matches (I think) so not too shabby

I heard from someone at the club (whom I consider to be reliable) that if we sell the allocated 15k season tickets on top of the 1901 club, there will only be 900 (nine hundred) tickets avaliable to buy on the day for home supporters. Frightening thought.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I heard from someone at the club (whom I consider to be reliable) that if we sell the allocated 15k season tickets on top of the 1901 club, there will only be 900 (nine hundred) tickets avaliable to buy on the day for home supporters. Frightening thought.

How does that work?

15,000 Season Tickets
3,000 1901
2,500 Away stand

= 20,500

Leaving 2,000. Minus boxes and guests?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ah I included the 1901ers in with the STHs btw

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Well that sucks. It's almost like elitism in that 'to adequately support Brighton you NEED a couple of K otherwise you aren't coming in'. I wonder if this will be at a constant or whether the demand for STs goes down after our Championship season..

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
How does that work?

15,000 Season Tickets
3,000 1901
2,500 Away stand

= 20,500

Leaving 2,000. Minus boxes and guests?

I don't know all the ins and outs obviously, but my source was adamant it was only 900 despite me pointing the above out. Possibly segregation? I'd be interested to know if anyone has the answer.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There will have to be more than 900 general NSTs available.
Don't forget that the away teams have to have an allocation of 15% for cup games, as opposed to 10% in the league.

Well that sucks. It's almost like elitism in that 'to adequately support Brighton you NEED a couple of K otherwise you aren't coming in'. I wonder if this will be at a constant or whether the demand for STs goes down after our Championship season..

Well thats me f***ed then. i haven't got a couple of K to bandy around.

I did however make numerous sacrifices and have paid for mine outright already. Shall i give it back?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A couple of K ? A STH is around £35-£40 a month is it not ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I choose to ignore anything that the "club" says. It no different from a market seller shouting "last one left" and when he sells it he opens the back of his van to see 100 in the back.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
A couple of K ? A STH is around £35-£40 a month is it not ?

i wouldnt know, I've never bought a st lol. I'm just ranting at a) corporate seats and b) STHs who are using the +3 thing to fill seats quicker than people who actually want to see brighton play

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
We might be trying to get planning permission for those extra seats rather sooner than later!!

i wouldnt know, I've never bought a st lol. I'm just ranting at a) corporate seats and b) STHs who are using the +3 thing to fill seats quicker than people who actually want to see brighton play

So your rant is directed at:
A) A huge money earner for the club.
B) People like me who you are labelling as someone who does not actually want to watch Brighton play, even though I have just spent £400 on a season ticket.

sake.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
So your rant is directed at:
A) A huge money earner for the club.
B) People like me who you are labelling as someone who does not actually want to watch Brighton play, even though I have just spent £400 on a season ticket.

sake.

actually i read a post about how someone who brings his friends who don't support brighton at all, or are growing distant from them. people that boo, shout you're SHIT! and go to every game..people that leave on 80 and novelty supporters. i was being a bit general about the sths but i did say most and not all. you see how much space we have next season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't know all the ins and outs obviously, but my source was adamant it was only 900 despite me pointing the above out. Possibly segregation? I'd be interested to know if anyone has the answer.

I was quoted this figure too, if a complete STH sell out. Those 900 will be in East Stand South so that as Everest has pointed out the away fans can get the full 15% in a cup game. The difference between 2,000 and 900 I was told was due to 'club use' I'm guessing staff,players families,comps etc etc

Also for non cup games the away stand can easily be segregated to allow home fans to purchase tickets if the away team dont require all the allotted seats.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

WTF are you talking about? You need £395, not £2K. And hey, life isn't always fair, you don't always get what you want.

As for the numbers, they way it was explained at the presentation and subsequent tour I had with MP is like this.

There has to be 875 seats available for cup ties if the away team requests its full 15% entitlement, which means that 900 seats near to the south stand (east) will not be sold as STs, they will be sold on a match by match basis to home fans.
In the event of an away team asking for it's full allocation for a cup tie, then these seats will have the requisite mesh netting used to segregate them from the home fans which loses 4 or 5 seats per row, bringing it down to 875.

So that explains the 900 seats.

The Away end tickets will be sold (all games are all-ticket) and if the away side returns half the tickets, then those will go on general sale to Brighton fans and the south stand will be segregated with the mesh netting stuff.

MP and the ST Sales team seem rather confident that they will sell out all the other seats for season tickets, and that is certianly their target. So if they are successful, yes, there will be 900 seats minimum for every game on general sale, East Stand, south end. And in the event of the away team failing to sell more than 1000 tickets, there will be a further 1000 seats for home fans available.

I'm just ranting at a) corporate seats and

Why? And have you not yet worked out, the 1901 are not in any way exclusively corporate seats. A huge number of them have been sold to Brighton Fans, sure some may have been bought by people purely from a business perspective, but I'll wager half of them at least are fans, who have the wherewithall to go for the package, and have chosen to because that is their choice. Without the 1901 [Club] Seats, Falmer is a failing model in the modern world, all new stadia are doing a similar type of system, it ensures that more people watch the team than traditional corporate boxes and hospitality whilst ensuring the increased revenue stream. It has happened at all the recently built stadiums, not just in the UK, but elsewhere too.

(Wembley got it a bit wrong, but then that's Wembley, Wembley got pretty much everything wrong.)

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
WTF are you talking about? You need £395, not £2K. And hey, life isn't always fair, you don't always get what you want.

As for the numbers, they way it was explained at the presentation and subsequent tour I had with MP is like this.

There has to be 875 seats available for cup ties if the away team requests its full 15% entitlement, which means that 900 seats near to the south stand (east) will not be sold as STs, they will be sold on a match by match basis to home fans.
In the event of an away team asking for it's full allocation for a cup tie, then these seats will have the requisite mesh netting used to segregate them from the home fans which loses 4 or 5 seats per row, bringing it down to 875.

So that explains the 900 seats.

The Away end tickets will be sold (all games are all-ticket) and if the away side returns half the tickets, then those will go on general sale to Brighton fans and the south stand will be segregated with the mesh netting stuff.

MP and the ST Sales team seem rather confident that they will sell out all the other seats for season tickets, and that is certianly their target. So if they are successful, yes, there will be 900 seats minimum for every game on general sale, East Stand, south end. And in the event of the away team failing to sell more than 1000 tickets, there will be a further 1000 seats for home fans available.

Thats how it was explained to me as well, by Martin Perry and the Aussie bloke at the presentations.

Albion Rob

I was quoted this figure too, if a complete STH sell out. Those 900 will be in East Stand South so that as Everest has pointed out the away fans can get the full 15% in a cup game. The difference between 2,000 and 900 I was told was due to 'club use' I'm guessing staff,players families,comps etc etc

Also for non cup games the away stand can easily be segregated to allow home fans to purchase tickets if the away team dont require all the allotted seats.

Also, surely if we did sell all 15,000 season tickets then that means the competition will be much less stiff for the 900 available by the match. Might be difficult to get hold of one of these for the first few games but, as with Withdean, demand will probably drop off after a while.

Interesting about the South Stand being able to be segregated - presumably that means segregating the concourse as well. Will be good though when we have teams like Hartlepool and Barnsley (covering my bases) coming down here on a Tuesday night as should open up another 1,000 or so seats.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Interesting about the South Stand being able to be segregated - presumably that means segregating the concourse as well. Will be good though when we have teams like Hartlepool and Barnsley (covering my bases) coming down here on a Tuesday night as should open up another 1,000 or so seats.

Yup, there is a dividing fence/gate type arrangment which can be drawn across the concourse, and the seats willget the netting treatment. Interestingly though, when I asked about segregation outside the stadium particulalry for Palace/Millwall type games, he said there would be no segregation at all outside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here