Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Noise Pollution- advice needed! Or evensome amusing replies to cheer me up!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Law involving Noisy/nuisance neighbours and noise pollution is quite frankly pathetic. An absolute joke. NOBODY should have to put up with it. As far as i am concerned it should be 3 strikes and your out, you get convicted from your home whether you rent or buy. It's a f****** nightmare living next to these:wanker:

but isn't he complaining about a public/open air rave which may happen once a year...??? i agree when you live in the close vicinity of the fuckers and they are doing it week in week out in a so called dwelling ie. flat or house . it is f***ing annoying....but when it's a one off event in a public area , obviously sanctioned by council otherwise the filth could f*** them off .....i mean ....grow one eh...??

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
You could try wax earplugs I used to use them when I had to be up early. Did a good job of keeping out noises.

Sep 1, 2010
but isn't he complaining about a public/open air rave which may happen once a year...??? i agree when you live in the close vicinity of the fuckers and they are doing it week in week out in a so called dwelling ie. flat or house . it is f***ing annoying....but when it's a one off event in a public area , obviously sanctioned by council otherwise the filth could f*** them off .....i mean ....grow one eh...??

I meant having a neighbour, and grow one what? i didn't mention bloody open air raves

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its about time our councils began working the hours which people need them to. I'm not talking about 24hours, but certainly through the weekends which would help a lot of these type issues.

People deserve to be able to have their parties, but also others deserve to carry on their usual lives unaffected by it. When it comes to noise in the small hours, if the council is in charge then the council should be available to complain to.

Sep 1, 2010
no, but i think he did....grow one = a life/beard/hump.

Why did you quote me then? That is 3 or 4 times i have seen you post something similar to grow one, just pretty sad. The fact your description of the Police is 'Filth' makes you sound like a bit of a prick to be honest. Congratulations on being the first person to make an ignore list

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ehr..!! sorry but i thought the bloke said there were cars parked everywhere and goons staggering around with their eyeballs hanging out , i assumed it was an outdoor event....i quoted you cos you asked what i meant by "grow one" and i told you , if you'd ever had any dealings with the constabulary , you would know why "folk" call them filth occasionally....sorry if i come across as a "prick".......FFS

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Good people of NSC, I need some advice or failing that cheering up!

I have been awake since 2am with a rave going on nearby. It's now gone 9.30am and the music is still going strong. I live in a flat in Stanmore (northwest London) with double glazing and the windows are shut and we can still hear it.

I went for a drive to investigate and it seems to be located in Stanmore Common in the woods off of Heathbourne Road just over a mile away. There are lots of cars parked on the road and loads of people staggering around that look drugged up to their eyeballs.

Sequence of events:
1) Called Police (Met Central Control Room) - said they can do nothing about noise.
2) Called Harrow Council Noise pollution out of hours number only to be told they can do nothing until Tuesday.
3) Called Watford police station. They said there had been other complaints regarding the same matter. They said this was a Met Police Office issue and they would forward the details onto them.
4) Called Harrow Met Police Office who said they would send officers to take a look.
5) Police called back and said the police had already attended and there were 300 people there but it was all good natured. Because it was on Stanmore common there is nothing they could do. This is a noise issue and the council can only take action. Council can do nothing until Tuesday… and the cycle continues.

I've never felt so powerless in my life. Why can't anything be done about this? :tantrum: :US::angry::rant:

Any advice or humour to preserve my sanity would be greatly appreciated!

if you`d had a couple of strawberrys every thing would have become much clearer

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
I had new neighbours move in to the flat next to me. Their front door is right by my bedroom window. First few weekends it was hell with them coming in drunk every Friday and Saturday night and stood laughing and joking outside my bedroom window until 4-5 in the morning. Also they smoked out there and some of the smoke used to get into my bedroom. Tried the ear plugs route and the polite requests but to no avail. Eventually I flipped and totally lost it and threatened to throw battery acid over the next person who smokes outside my window after 12 midnight. I'm 6.4 and pretty solid and scary looking and to be honest I haven't had a problem since. In fact I heard them creeping in this morning at 4am very quiety and they now go out onto the street for a fag. Either they are being very respectful of the noise predicament or shitting themselves that I will carry out my threat!

For the record I'm the least violent person in the world but everyone has their breaking point and they took me very close to it.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I had new neighbours move in to the flat next to me. Their front door is right by my bedroom window. First few weekends it was hell with them coming in drunk every Friday and Saturday night and stood laughing and joking outside my bedroom window until 4-5 in the morning. Also they smoked out there and some of the smoke used to get into my bedroom. Tried the ear plugs route and the polite requests but to no avail. Eventually I flipped and totally lost it and threatened to throw battery acid over the next person who smokes outside my window after 12 midnight. I'm 6.4 and pretty solid and scary looking and to be honest I haven't had a problem since. In fact I heard them creeping in this morning at 4am very quiety and they now go out onto the street for a fag. Either they are being very respectful of the noise predicament or shitting themselves that I will carry out my threat!

For the record I'm the least violent person in the world but everyone has their breaking point and they took me very close to it.

I hope i don`t meet a f***ing violent person then

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
The Law involving Noisy/nuisance neighbours and noise pollution is quite frankly pathetic. An absolute joke. NOBODY should have to put up with it. As far as i am concerned it should be 3 strikes and your out, you get convicted from your home whether you rent or buy. It's a f****** nightmare living next to these:wanker:

Get a life Arty

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Why did you quote me then? That is 3 or 4 times i have seen you post something similar to grow one, just pretty sad. The fact your description of the Police is 'Filth' makes you sound like a bit of a prick to be honest. Congratulations on being the first person to make an ignore list

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks sydney sounds like a prick...

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
you are getting close there my son.........how often does this happen blake...??? you have lost one nights sleep , not an arm or a leg ....grow the f*** up and get a f***ing life you cvnt.

Charming. What a f***ing moron! I though NSC was better than that. Why on earth would you call me a cvnt?! I think you'll find that you are I'm fact the ones that one off those. Tosser!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here