Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Noise Pollution- advice needed! Or evensome amusing replies to cheer me up!

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Good people of NSC, I need some advice or failing that cheering up!

I have been awake since 2am with a rave going on nearby. It's now gone 9.30am and the music is still going strong. I live in a flat in Stanmore (northwest London) with double glazing and the windows are shut and we can still hear it.

I went for a drive to investigate and it seems to be located in Stanmore Common in the woods off of Heathbourne Road just over a mile away. There are lots of cars parked on the road and loads of people staggering around that look drugged up to their eyeballs.

Sequence of events:
1) Called Police (Met Central Control Room) - said they can do nothing about noise.
2) Called Harrow Council Noise pollution out of hours number only to be told they can do nothing until Tuesday.
3) Called Watford police station. They said there had been other complaints regarding the same matter. They said this was a Met Police Office issue and they would forward the details onto them.
4) Called Harrow Met Police Office who said they would send officers to take a look.
5) Police called back and said the police had already attended and there were 300 people there but it was all good natured. Because it was on Stanmore common there is nothing they could do. This is a noise issue and the council can only take action. Council can do nothing until Tuesday… and the cycle continues.

I've never felt so powerless in my life. Why can't anything be done about this? :tantrum: :US::angry::rant:

Any advice or humour to preserve my sanity would be greatly appreciated!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
can't beat em

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This could go on all weekend-i would prepare for the worst

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Come and live in Brighton, nice and quite down here

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Your going to have to dress accordingly & infiltrate-find out the power source and use cloak and dagger style techniques to bring things to an end.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
For 7 LONG MONTHS I put up with the type of w ankers you are describing. I called police and they said they couldn't help and that i had to contact the council. Contacted the council and they gave me a noise diary. Several months later they then brought round a decibel detector and left it for a week. Unfortunately the wankers didn't have a party that weekend, so no action taken. I knocked on their door, contacted my landlord to speak with the neighbours landlord, all to no avail. Since the police do nothing I used to text my friend most friday nights who is a copper and on duty most friday nights, he went round several times over a period of months told them to turn it off or down. They'd turn it down and then up again once he'd gone.

Thank god i eventually moved and live in a nice area now. f***ing shithole Derby central is.

Tbh I can't offer you any advice except move somewhere quieter.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
glowsticks.jpg
custom_1245964122127_drugs.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Find someone near the edge of the party that's a bit worse for wear, beat the shit out of them, and then call the police explaining that there are fights going on.

Sep 1, 2010
The Law involving Noisy/nuisance neighbours and noise pollution is quite frankly pathetic. An absolute joke. NOBODY should have to put up with it. As far as i am concerned it should be 3 strikes and your out, you get convicted from your home whether you rent or buy. It's a f****** nightmare living next to these:wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here