Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Gyan Riggs

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Giggs wasting more cash in very bd way and drawing greater attention to his cover-up.

Legal experts think he could well struggle against US (where Twitter's based) law and free speech.

Seems on a personal crusade now.

His wife must know already, but he just doesn't want it to be 'officially out'.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
His wife must know already, but he just doesn't want it to be 'officially out'.

surely doing this is going to bring even MORE publicity to it and thus make it even MORE likely to be officially out?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What I really, really fail to understand is, other than his Mrs, who actually gives a flying f*** who he's shagged?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Legal proceedings are being taken by a professional footballer against Twitter for allegedly publishing information covered by a super-injunction.

The player, identified only by the initials CTB, is also known to be taking action against the Sun newspaper and ex-Big Brother star Imogen Thomas.

Is he (whomever he is...) known as 'CTB' just to try and throw everyone of the scent, despite everyone thinking they know who it is?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wonder if said footballer is intending to sue every single website and user that has released his name. Surely if he is suing twitter, for consistency, he should sue every website that has released his name. I wonder if Bozza has received a letter yet...

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I wonder if said footballer is intending to sue every single website and user that has released his name. Surely if he is suing twitter, for consistency, he should sue every website that has released his name.

well he just might. i think thats the point of the action against twitter, to show that there is an option to followup internet sites which break the injuction. most importantly the judge agreed, so would probably agree to a similar request for any other website. note, its not against the website, it asks for them to provide the users information, so they can sue them directly for breaching the original injunction.

they're unlikly to go after individuals, the focus is on journalists who may have used the internet to by-pass the injunction, but its something to think about.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
There is no room for any gigging orders in British Law!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will follow this trial with great interest

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm confused, a footballer is having a hooker stick dildos up his arse?

Does this explain why an anagram of his name might be Saggy Ring?

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I think the fact you can take out a super injunction to stop your wife knowing you cheated is f***ing joke

Not sure why anyone really cares. Apart from his family of course.

This. As someone said on Sky News if he just admitted it, it would have been in the News of the World for a day and forgotten about after a week. This farago has ensured it'll drag on for far longer and damage the player's reputation a lot more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As someone said on Sky News if he just admitted it, it would have been in the News of the World for a day and forgotten about after a week. This farago has ensured it'll drag on for far longer and damage the player's reputation a lot more.
And so finally there is justice :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here