Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Cheryl Cole dropped from the US X-Factor

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Apparently her Geordie accent is too strong.

Cheryl Cole dropped from US X-Factor

Seems pretty stupid to me but I know from personal experience that a lot of Americans couldn't understand my Home Counties accent. I know that films like Trainspotting had subtitles as well. The problem is that the majority of US TV is American programs only so if you don't sound like Dick Van Dyck in Mary Poppins or Hugh Grant they think you're Australian.

I hope our Cheryl gets a nice pay off for that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins did sound australian, to be fair. Thats probably why americans think we all speak like that.

Cherly KERL though, no surprise they struggled with her. Moderately surprised they let convicted violent racists into the country, she must have had hassle with her visa.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Damn, that probably means she'll have time to record a new album

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'spect it just means that they'll give her the spot back on the UK one.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nothing to with the accent and more to do with the fact she is bloody useless as a judge hope she don't get a place on the UK one now

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
will she be crawling to the UK x factor asking for her job back? Or is this the start of the demise of St Biffer of Tweedy.

I'm still smarting at the departure of Dannii Minogue _ i would have picked her over Cheryl anyday, plus there's the added bonus of potentially getting a Minogue sandwich. From people I know who worked on the programme Ms Minogue was very popular amongst the crew, very polite and respectful and bought them all end of series presents.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't happen to a nicer person...what?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm upset that the Septic's are not able to see past the veneer of her Geordie accent to see the real shining talent below.
She has been part of a band which enjoyed some chart success and has launched a brilliant solo career having released several singles, their names escape me however, and has performed dances to a backing track of her songs on several popular programmes.

Come on Cheryl ! I'm sure with the help of Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and maybe having another high profile tattoo, she will bounce back from this minor snub and achieve the fame and greatness she richly deserves.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm upset that the Septic's are not able to see past the veneer of her Geordie accent to see the real shining talent below.
She has been part of a band which enjoyed some chart success and has launched a brilliant solo career having released several singles, their names escape me however, and has performed dances to a backing track of her songs on several popular programmes.

Come on Cheryl ! I'm sure with the help of Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and maybe having another high profile tattoo, she will bounce back from this minor snub and achieve the fame and greatness she richly deserves.

Haha genius! She is truly the People's Princess.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Sorry just don't get the whole Cheryl Cole thing. Other than a huge ego. and a lot of ambition to be famous across the World. what exactly has she got to offer? She is not the greatest singer, she can't act(although I am sure that she will soon be telling us about her life long passion for Shakespeare and how she wants to get into films), she hasn't got much of interest or use to say, she just appears to be this "nice girl from Geordieland that people seem to like for no reason!".........I just don't get it, sorry!

Interesting that Ant and Dec - another couple of "smilley, irritating geordies" flopped in the USA as well, perhaps tallentless people from that part of the World should give up "trying to make it in the States". Perhaps it also shows that people over the Water are not as guillible as we like to think?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry just don't get the whole Cheryl Cole thing. Other than a huge ego. and a lot of ambition to be famous across the World. what exactly has she got to offer? She is not the greatest singer, she can't act(although I am sure that she will soon be telling us about her life long passion for Shakespeare and how she wants to get into films), she hasn't got much of interest or use to say, she just appears to be this "nice girl from Geordieland that people seem to like for no reason!".........I just don't get it, sorry!

Quite. The media have managed to convince thickets that she's a lovely, talented person. I'm not convinced she is either of these things.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No.1 fan?

sophie-amogbokpa-2-18-10.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Perhaps this is the wake up call that Northerners have needed for a long, long time:

Stop talking in such ridiculous ways and you may have a chance of making something of your otherwise mostly worthless lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here