Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Cheryl Cole dropped from the US X-Factor

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Americans can be so thick - it's not that hard to understand :shrug:

You think ? I've had the dog hearing a strange noise situation more than a few times, you speak and then the person you're talking to's head goes to one side as though they have earache. I have on occasion been asked what language I'm speaking as well. I've also been called apart from the typical 'Australian', Scottish, Irish, Welsh (God knows why) and believe it or not French ! I've also been asked for my autograph at a post office in Pittsburgh where the girl concerned actually knew I was English.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"trying to make it in the States"

I never quite understand the obsession with that amongst the already rich and over-paid. Personally, the sort of money the likes of Cheryl, Ant & Dec etc make over here is phenomenal, but does comes with the price of their privacy. Yes, they will often openly hawk their publicity around for cash and exposure to become that famous and therefore that rich in the first place. BUT, it's the America thing I don't get, as I would have thought the idea of being able to call it a day with your "fame", take the money you've made, and run off to America for a life of relative normality where no-one recognises you, would be your ideal safety net if the day ever arrives where you've just had enough of it, or the press have turned on you and you suddenly don't want the attention anymore.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Perhaps this is the wake up call that Northerners have needed for a long, long time:

Stop talking in such ridiculous ways and you may have a chance of making something of your otherwise mostly worthless lives.

Or, Americans could learn to understand dialects of English seeing as it is OUR language anyway?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apart from the language barrier , her replacement , Nicole Scherzinger has a nicer rack. :p

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't help thinking that this conversation may have taken place earlier this year...

"Okay, we've taken a bit of stick last series, we need some good stories this time. Here's what we'll do. We'll say Cheryl is quitting, and off to America, obviously that's bollocks. Then we'll find some reason she can't do it...yes, her accent, brilliant. Then our Cheryl will come back to the UK show, we love her even if the Yanks can't understand her. Get it sorted."

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Or, Americans could learn to understand dialects of English seeing as it is OUR language anyway?

I think they already have enough problems understanding their own regional accents :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Eh? Cheryl Cole doesn't speak my language.

Really?

cheryl-cole.jpg

cherylcole.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can such a mediocre amount of talent ever been spread so thin so quickly? The racist Cheryl Tweedy couldn't WAIT to put as much distance as possible between herself and her dismal One Song singing career. Oh well. Hopefully she'll have to sing for her supper one more time, with as much success as the rest of her 'bandmates'. Tho more likely Will.I.Am.A.Wanker will come sniffing around one more time. And if that fails and the money runs out, there's always the chance of a reunion with dear old Ashley. Lovely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The "Ashley" tattoo above her minge would be a dealbreaker though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This story is right up there with the ash cloud and Obama on all the major stations, what the f*** has this country become?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Perhaps I should ask if they could fire those with strong accents working at Indian call centres as I find their accent very difficult to understand? Is that fair enough?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I can't understand her at the best of times. Don't understand why the Americans wanted her in the first place. Sure, she's fun to look at, but she's incomprehensible, a bully and doesn't deserve to even be on our X Factor with respected record producers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps I should ask if they could fire those with strong accents working at Indian call centres as I find their accent very difficult to understand? Is that fair enough?

Its a whole lot easier understanding an Indian accent on the phone than speaking to someone on the phone with a very strong Ulster accent.

You think ? I've had the dog hearing a strange noise situation more than a few times, you speak and then the person you're talking to's head goes to one side as though they have earache. I have on occasion been asked what language I'm speaking as well. I've also been called apart from the typical 'Australian', Scottish, Irish, Welsh (God knows why) and believe it or not French ! I've also been asked for my autograph at a post office in Pittsburgh where the girl concerned actually knew I was English.

Maybe she thought you were Peter Sutcliffe, you do look a bit like him

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4133002 said:
Maybe she thought you were Peter Sutcliffe, you do look a bit like him

Not as tall though, thing is that somebody in Pittsburgh wouldn't know who the Yorkshire Ripper is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here