Votes: 28 12.5%
  • Leave

Votes: 114 50.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It seems increasing likely the UK may leave the EU and be forced to give a vote to the general public.

We are out of the Euro but should we withdraw from the EU ?

D

Deleted member 18477

our country is in a shocking state financially whatever the outcome i suppose.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Leave after we've won it. Although not going at the group stage would be good as well.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Leave. We should never have been in in the fist place.

Just think what we can do with the millions we spend on EU membership. Tax cuts for a start.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
It seems to me that as a country we make/lose most of our GDP through the financial sector whether we like it or not.
If we leave, we will be outside, margianalised while all our business goes to Germany and France in the financial sector and the effect would be catastrophic.
I would like to see some major changes, but if we pull out we could be living in permanent depression.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I honestly don't understand enough to give an answer.

This. My knowledge of economics is minimal and TBH I think there are very few people that have enough facts to make any kind of decision.

Stay, but definitely in the "don't understand" category. "It is better to on the train pissing at the passengers on the platform than running along the platform trying to piss into the train" is about as technical a grasp of it as I have. I believe Sweden, Hungary and the Czech republic are also undecided.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
If we opt out does it mean we can be adopted by America? I really don't understand any of this....I guess that's how they want us to be - blissfully unaware - a bit like Gus' injury updates!

D

Deleted member 22389

We need to look at what EU has done for us over the years? Now I don't really know the full in or outs or out, but all the EU has done for me is made it easier when going abroad because everyone has the same currency. That's it. I have had no other benefits.

From what I read and see, the EU has ruined this country in respect of not being able to make our own laws in regards of immigration and that stupid human rights law, and many other stupid decisions.

For me if they gave me a vote, I would want out. The euro is a fing shambles along with the people who run it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure. I think I'll sound out the opinions of all the British politicians who thought the Euro was a good idea and then decide to do the opposite.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It seems to me that as a country we make/lose most of our GDP through the financial sector whether we like it or not.
If we leave, we will be outside, margianalised while all our business goes to Germany and France in the financial sector and the effect would be catastrophic.
I would like to see some major changes, but if we pull out we could be living in permanent depression.

Not true, scaremongering.

I've just heard the exact opposite from our Financial Director. 11% of our GDP is via financial transactions, if we stay in and allow this to be taxed then all transactions will go through New York or Japan. We have more to lose than any other European country.
And who exactly elected Merkel and Sarkosy as the leaders of this.

Not that I understand any of it really.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I suppose a lot of the countries in the 17 had little option but to vote for this deal which meant the other 10 had the real decision to make.6 went with it,seeing themselves as intricately involved in the Eurozone .1 vetoed a deal.2 are going back to their governments for a decision,and I expect the other one will as well,with the prospect of all 3 signing up pretty soon.

Which leaves us looking like Little Britain and anti European Union MP's delighted (He's played a blinder.)Pro Europeans will be aghast.(Played like a blind man).It was probably not meant to look like a defence of the bankers who were an integral cause of these problems,but that's how it will look in Europe,and to many in this country,too.

What will the pro Europe Lib/Dems make of this ? Well,they'll go with it adding their spin because they rather like the ministerial cars,and whatever they do they'll never get such power again.Expect semantic sophistry on their part.

Labour will still be taking a sharp intake of breath.Lord 'elp us, whats Call Me Dopey done now ?

Okay,some of you will know that I'm pro Europe, pro the Euro,pro European holidays,and pro Albion.

So what do I know ?

D

Deleted member 22389

Not true, scaremongering.

I second that. Who runs Europe at the moment, its the French and Germans. Always has and always will be. It will will not effect us in any way. Companies are suddenly not going to stop dealing with the UK because of it. It's all BS and scaremongering. Are people going to stop visiting the UK, and vice versa I doubt it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Stay and attempt to control not pick up the ball and go home sulking. the mess we are in now is nothing to what it would be like if we opted out and you can bet anything you like the US wont come in to help..... they havent yet.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Nobody does, but it won't stop people spouting off as if they do.

know enough to know its not working, being dictated by the Germans and the French who will look after there interest first,
our courts being over ruled and then yes the human rights. we survived decades without them and we would do again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here