Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC version of Room 101

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Whilst at work in London, cyclists who jump red lights and buses who travel in convoys and stop every 100 yds!

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Agreed, have no sympathy for London cyclists now who persistently jump red lights, trying to cross the road in rush hour absolute nightmare. My brother opened his car door the other day and hit a cyclist, couldn't help but laugh and think the Karma was just.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Motorists that toot their horn at the slightest thing - usually to hurry the car along in front. It's very irritating for pedestrians.

People that pay for groceries by credit card for under a tenner and take ages to tap in their pin number. I cannot understand why people don't use cash for small amounts.

Loud mobile phone conversations on trains.

Traffic planners who think reducing the number of lanes by 1 will actually reduce congestion.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The French.
Bono.
People who dress their dogs up.
The Guardian.
The football league show.
Glory "supporters".
Animal rights protester.
People who show horses.
People at the races who constantly shout stupid things.
Lettuce.
People who use the term "lol".
People who go to university to do media studies.
The sun of David Gilmore.
People who don't pronounce the letter "t" when saying words like water.
The price of football tickets.

I could go on forever but I'm getting bored now.

People who register for an internet forum in order to post a load of old shite.

Casual homophobes who would never admit to being homophobic (& use multiple exclamation marks to emphasize everything they post).

'Brand Beckham' - & all it purports to stand for.

Mark f***ing Bright.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...and stop every 100 yds!

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Flippin' 'eck tucker. Totally agree with that.

Obviously prevalent through the whole of London, but it is like a door-to-door service.

I lived in Barnes and liked to get off three or four stops before the front door service as it was only an extra three/four minute walk, but it meant wandering past the pond and common. My housemates thought I was mad. Infuriating when you need to get somewhere quickly. Forced me to walk more than I would have done (as it was quicker), so probably not a bad thing.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Women. All of them. Do my nut :moo:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Mainly women(nothing personal girls) that stand in a queue to pay for petrol, with a couple of shopping items, and then when they get asked to insert their bank card, they have to search through their handbag for their purse, then search through their purse for the card.
FFS, you have been standing in a queue for 5 minutes doing f*** all, get the f***ing card out whilst waiting. Grrrrrrrr..............rant over

See this alot at Euston on my return back,as you walk towards the platform gate must be 3/4/5 ticket inspectors waiting for you and almost everyone has their ticket to hand,save a few and then 'oh do you want my ticket' ? Well he ain't waiting for your autograph !!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cyclists who ride through red lights when I'm crossing the road.

(the law is apparently different up here, it's only happened 4 times to me this week)

People who walk into an Italian Coffee shop, staffed by Poles and don't consider the question "Can I Get" very very odd indeed.

Self service check outs that require manual intervention.

Automatic barriers that require manual intervention.

Microwave meals labelled "Gastropub"

Anyone who even dares to mention the word "detox" in a serious manner.

Anyone surprised you don't have a Facebook account.

Health and Safety training for the office.

Buses that stop in the middle of nowhere to "regulate the service".

Railway ticket machines adapted to accept Oyster that perform like ticket machines on a training day to accept Oyster.

The above spitting out a ticket at the end of the transaction completely missing the point.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agreed, have no sympathy for London cyclists now who persistently jump red lights, trying to cross the road in rush hour absolute nightmare. My brother opened his car door the other day and hit a cyclist, couldn't help but laugh and think the Karma was just.

Incredible isn't it ?

Habitual behaviour, far beyond the minority.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
  • Pointless Facebook status updates (most notably three types - 1. When people spend their whole time talking about their feelings towards their job, their other halves or their offspring; 2. When people go out on the sauce and have to chart every drink they're having and every pub they are in; 3. When people talk relentlessly about some reality TV show as if it's the focal point of everyone's universe)
  • People talking all the way through a gig
  • That hideous Haribo advert
  • Sky Sports News cutting to a break just as the ticker bar is about to display news from The Championship
  • Restuarants that conceal added extra costs for things such as water, bread or poppadoms until the bill arrives

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Wasps - poisonous little buggers with no redeeming qualities. Insect world equivalent of Dennis Wise.

actually they do, in the summer they are carnivores when they eat green & black flies thus protecting your plants. Come September though wipe ‘em out, bastard things want my beer then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here