Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Top Musicals

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
After last nights programme on TV, which had Grease at No.1. What are your favourite musicals?

For me it's

The Commitments
Breaking Glass
Quadrophenia

poke

Oct 19, 2003
chicago
bugsy malone
little shop of horrors

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Juan Albion said:
Just off to see The Lion King on stage in Toronto. I've heard it is rather good.

I've heard very good reports on that.

For me - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, get a ticket if you can for the stage show absolutely superb.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As a reformed Who nut, Tommy and Quadrophenia are right up there. No straight bloke can fail to drool at the jail house stockings/suspenders routine from Chicago. Honourable mention to Evita for a classic soundtrack.

Jameson

Juan Albion said:
Just off to see The Lion King on stage in Toronto. I've heard it is rather good.

It's breathtaking. Only show I've been to with a standing ovation after 10 minutes (the grand entrance scene). :clap2:

my faves also include (on stage)

Our House
Phantom of the Opera
Chicago

(on screen)

The Commitments

:D

Thoroughly Modern Millie, the current London stage version with Amanda Holden. It's a rare example of something that's been modernised for political correctness reasons ending up actually being funnier than the original.

Amanda, the delicious tart, makes great eye candy jumping about in her flapper dresses but the legendary Maureen Lipman steals the show.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All rather modern here, the golden age of musicals was the late 30s to early 50s

On the Town
The Music Man
Singing in the Rain
West Side Story
The Bandwagon

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gwylan said:
All rather modern here, the golden age of musicals was the late 30s to early 50s

On the Town
The Music Man
Singing in the Rain
West Side Story
The Bandwagon

:clap:

High Society
Singing in the Rain
Oliver
Sound of Music

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
is blood brothers a musical?

Stumpy Tim

Juan Albion said:
Lion King was rather good. D+ for the story but an A+ for the sets, costume etc.

Exactly what I thought. The costumes were amazing, but I thought the story - especially the ending - was rushed.

Chicago is in a class of it's own on stage, though Les Miserables was pretty good too

braders7 said:
is blood brothers a musical?

Yes, and it's a f***ing good one. Saw it in London and it was superb.

'Buddy' is the only other really good show I've seen live. So good in fact I saw it twice, in London and again in Eastbourne (the Congress Theatre is an excellent venue for musicals).

Also seen 'Elvis', 'Copacobana' and 'Me and My Girl' but IMHO they were all utter shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here