Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Survey of how you are getting to the AMEX

Well ?. How are you planning to get to the majority of games.

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

The Club is doing its own survey - of season ticket purchasers. I guess they haven't finished it yet. Unfortunately, their survey didn't offer the option of "car".

I also guess that they will be thinking very hard about the fact that more people want to travel by train than there is space on the trains. The first thing to do about that, in my opinion, is to promote bus travel as an alternative. There are more bus seats available between Brighton and Falmer than train seats. Supporters will eventually realise this.

But one of the biggest draw to the amex is the train station being at the ground. As much as i like the material attractiveness of the ground i really like the practicality of the station being there.

I don't like to be negative but it's going be carnage on the train platforms.

Jan 30, 2008
They will certainly be told that at Brighton. I'll probably have no trouble getting on at Glynde. But if 6,000 people are travelling by train, the post-match queues to get on to the platform at Falmer might put me off.

character building all this waiting around, seems like everyones being channeled towards the station even if their taking the walk way past the school fields into scoombe estate COULD BE A REAL CULTURE SHOCK FOR SOME OF THE jcl's !

Info from the B&H buses website says starting on 17th April on routes 28 and 29 , "a significant improvement to this service as the frequency of buses between Brighton and Lewes is being increased to every 10 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays during the daytime".
... and it's only a 14 minute journey from Lewes to Falmer.

Jan 30, 2008
But one of the biggest draw to the amex is the train station being at the ground. As much as i like the material attractiveness of the ground i really like the practicality of the station being there.

I don't like to be negative but it's going be carnage on the train platforms.
all two of them :lol:

character building all this waiting around, seems like everyones being channeled towards the station even if their taking the walk way past the school fields into scoombe estate COULD BE A REAL CULTURE SHOCK FOR SOME OF THE jcl's !
There'll be empty buses on the 49 route, waiting at Moulsecoomb.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There'll be empty buses on the 49 route, waiting at Moulsecoomb.

They won't be when Mr French points out it will be easier to get back into Brighton this way as an alternative to catching the 25's

where does that route go out of interest, not clued up with all these bus routes around the area
Every 10 minutes ... down Halland Road, Hodshrove Road, Widdecombe Way, Hillside, the bottom end of The Avenue, then straight down the Lewes Road via the top of The Level to London Road, St Peter's Church, the Old Steine, North Street and off to Hove and Portslade.

About 30 minutes from Moulsecoomb to Churchill Square.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The current train service (four trains per hour between Falmer and Brighton) offers fewer than 1,000 seats per hour. Add in the standing room and deduct the seats that are occupied by people travelling on non-football journeys, and even add a couple of extra trains, and you'll see that getting more than 4,000 people away by train is going to be very, very difficult.

That is why we, and our friends from Burwash are running coaches. The club will clear the roads for all coaches to leave after the game, at a set time. Should avoid the stress of the station. I haven't voted on this poll as there is a difference between a Bus and a coach.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The Club is doing its own survey - of season ticket purchasers. I guess they haven't finished it yet. Unfortunately, their survey didn't offer the option of "car".

But they havnt consulted any of the +3's, so possible 50% of the season ticket holders wont be consulted........therefore.......another waste of time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here