Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Sponsors Dinner

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Gus made me laugh, he was walking about with a shirt getting it signed whilst we were chatting to Bridcutt when he interrupted and asked him to sign it. Liam signed it smack bang in the centre and Gus Commented 'Bridcutt in the middle just where I like him, never out wide' It did make me chuckle

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
At one point Gus came past us heading in CMS direction saying 'I want to speak to my most expennnnsive player'.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
A cracking evening, Gordon Greer and Alan Navarro on our table, both really chatty nice people. We won the quiz as well as GG knew everything about every player.

He loved the question - which player made his debut v Barcelona? It was GG for Blackburn in a pre season friendly!!

Reyes said he would love to sign (if we get promoted!), that was another quiz question, which player had 51 international caps, Reyes for Chile.

Ashley Barnes is amazed to be top scorer this season considering the deep role he is playing, we asked him if he hears the stick from the crowd and he said not really EXCEPT for one person who sits near the dugout who abuses him all the time. Gus has told him to come over and celebrate in front of him when he scores, but Barnsey said he would rather just celebrate with the real supporters!

Roland Bergkamp hopes to stay at the club.

As usual all the players very friendly and chatty. Gary Dicker was so happy to be back and in the squad, he said the 5 months out seamed a long long time. He knew he had broken his leg as soon as he landed and tried to turn, it was the turn as he landed that did it - Ouch!

Its amazing how things have changed over the last few years, walking round talking to a player who has 51 caps for Chile, another with 38 caps for Spain, CMS with a few for Scotland, Agdestein breaking into the Norwegian U21 squad..............great stuff.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I was on Gus' table and he was hilarious like last year. Not to go into too many details, but he started a conversation like this:

"Did you see what Allardyce said about me in the Mail!" - I can't describe how funny the next 5 minutes were.

He also covered racism, Nigel Adkins and Glenn Murray. He spoke so openly about matters it made for a great evening!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I was on Gus' table and he was hilarious like last year. Not to go into too many details, but he started a conversation like this:

"Did you see what Allardyce said about me in the Mail!" - I can't describe how funny the next 5 minutes were.

He also covered racism, Nigel Adkins and Glenn Murray. He spoke so openly about matters it made for a great evening!

You can't say that and not go into details you tease!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

What were his views on Murray?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
ok ok!, After my "look at me everyone" post I guess I'd better elaborate.

He wasn't exactly happy that Big Sam had attacked him for something the Brighton fans were criticising him for. Gus even went back to see what he'd said in post match interviews and found he hadn't criticised their style of play at all. All he'd said was that we attacked for most of the game, they defended (which was true). The 20 years comment has REALLY pissed him off.

He also mentioned that on the final day of his coaching course Big Sam was the guest speaker. Apparently his presentation skills/storytelling aren't up to much either...

As for Murray, he said on his day he was incredible, but he had to be managed well. Perhaps that's not happening at Palace. The rumours seem to be that he's missing it here and he'd quite like to come back... apparently.. I'm just relaying rumours here - don't quote Gus.

ok ok!, After my "look at me everyone" post I guess I'd better elaborate.

He wasn't exactly happy that Big Sam had attacked him for something the Brighton fans were criticising him for. Gus even went back to see what he'd said in post match interviews and found he hadn't criticised their style of play at all. All he'd said was that we attacked for most of the game, they defended (which was true). The 20 years comment has REALLY pissed him off.

He also mentioned that on the final day of his coaching course Big Sam was the guest speaker. Apparently his presentation skills/storytelling aren't up to much either...

As for Murray, he said on his day he was incredible, but he had to be managed well. Perhaps that's not happening at Palace. The rumours seem to be that he's missing it here and he'd quite like to come back... apparently.. I'm just relaying rumours here - don't quote Gus.

Argus headline tomorrow:

POYET ATTACKS FAT SAM, SAY'S HE'S SHIT.

MURRAY HATES FREEDMAN AND ALL THINGS PALACE, BEGS FOR RETURN.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Murray has been spotted around the Amex
522909_10150631836420779_701895778_9566129_1815716612_n.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He loved the question - which player made his debut v Barcelona? It was GG for Blackburn in a pre season friendly!! .

Most annoying, as I knew that, but Spadge and Dunk shouted me down, we put Vicente. We got 8 points, should have been 9. On the tie break we (I) was 18 miles out on the distance from Montevideo to LGW, a pure guess.

So Vicente has been here for over 6 months nows, does anyone know how his English is getting on? Can he converse at all?

My mate is his home shirt sponsor, he sat on his table, he (Vicente) didn't say a word in English, didn't even try, and apparently he hardly, if at all, ever does.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On the signed one day and made debut against MK Dons question - Kaz said it was him. We thought he probably knew ....................................

Strange but true, I was sat next to Lewis Dunk (his sponsor didn't show up), I had just asked him that question, then a moment later RR started the quiz.

Sad but true, I also knew the Matt Sparrow answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here