Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC shallow as the Falmer pond?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I can't beleive the lack of inspired discussion on how we can support our club at one of the most perilous junctures in our claim for Falmer. Christ, even the nature of under arm deodorant seems to attract more attention and awareness than the fact that never before has so much been written in the broadsheets about our plight for a stadium and yet a number of NSCers seems to be living in ignorant bliss.

Has it passed you by that the nation has now acepted our need for a stdium and moved on to the prescedent it would be if developed on the proposed land? Is it me or is it really perilous or are a lot of you just being very complacent? If it's a measure of how desperate members of parliament are willing to go to fight this it's now got down to a steak and kidney pie and a glass and water and if you don't know that you'll never be in a position to educate your mates at the pub on the wider picture.

Could you argue why we shouldn't have a stadium developed elsewhere?

Sorry, gripe over, and I know so many of you care and have put a lot into the cause, but I really think there's a false sense of security about the decision. Change is inevitable and that's not always a good thing, unless you're prepared for it.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nope. I am convinced that FPC and LDC don't have a leg to stand and will lose the JR.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
twickers said:
but I really think there's a false sense of security about the decision. Change is inevitable and that's not always a good thing, unless you're prepared for it.

I can see what you mean, but to be honest there is little we can do about it now.

I'd be suprised if anyone said they were 100% sure we'll have Falmer, after all the setbacks, another one is not really unexpected

The worst they can do is delay us another year of pointless legal wrangling. I guess we should be getting angry about that, but we've waited so long, as Jonny Logan memorably said, what's another year?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Have you ever thought that the people on here represent a minority of Albion support? Just because there are a few inane threads on here doesn't mean that there aren't a far greater number of us constantly writting letters, emails and sending pies through the post to the people that matter in order to keep the fight going to the bitter end.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Besides Falmer pond is quite deep. All the shopping trolleys and old tyres I've thrown in there over the last couple of months are completely under the surface.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
twickers said:
I can't beleive the lack of inspired discussion on how we can support our club at one of the most perilous junctures in our claim for Falmer. Christ, even the nature of under arm deodorant seems to attract more attention and awareness than the fact that never before has so much been written in the broadsheets about our plight for a stadium and yet a number of NSCers seems to be living in ignorant bliss.

Has it passed you by that the nation has now acepted our need for a stdium and moved on to the prescedent it would be if developed on the proposed land? Is it me or is it really perilous or are a lot of you just being very complacent? If it's a measure of how desperate members of parliament are willing to go to fight this it's now got down to a steak and kidney pie and a glass and water and if you don't know that you'll never be in a position to educate your mates at the pub on the wider picture.

Could you argue why we shouldn't have a stadium developed elsewhere?

Sorry, gripe over, and I know so many of you care and have put a lot into the cause, but I really think there's a false sense of security about the decision. Change is inevitable and that's not always a good thing, unless you're prepared for it.
We have campaigned, and succesfully, for this stadium. The government accepts the need for a Community Stadium as doing a greater good to the local economy and the human society than the harm caused to the landscape. That cannot be challenged in the courts, and, indeed, there is precedent in law which now deems this to be acceptable.

Others have argued that the ground should be elsewhere, yet millions were spent on a process which ultimately concluded nowhere else was suitable. You can try and argue that somewhere else is available and suitable, but the figures won't back you up. Remember, Lewes are so desparate to have this overturned they are now effectively saying that the government cheated by stacking the second Inquiry in the Albion's favour. Prescott will not accept that for a second, even if forced to re-consider it by the courts.

One tends to forget that is wasn't just what the effect of approving this planning process which had to be considered, it was what the effect of REJECTING the application would have had as well. A rejection, said the government, was a missed opportunity for vital urban re-generation, and therefore unacceptable (I'm paraphrasing).

The government will want to stand by its decision; to do otherwise undermines its entire policy on planning. And no government wants to be dictated to by the courts. And I've said this before, and I can't make this any clearer - Prescott wants this stadium to happen.

Secondly, for 'MPs', read 'one MP' who has a greater agenda than merely fighting a football club. His political party is currently undergoing a massive upheaval, and he wants some headlines. He wants to distance himself from the Judicial Review case, so he is gunning for Prescott personally.

I believe you are 'bigging up' Lewes' flawed case and SERIOUSLY under-estimating the clout that the government's barristers have in this planning process.

Just remember, the burden of proof is with Lewes District Council.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rangdo said:
Besides Falmer pond is quite deep. All the shopping trolleys and old tyres I've thrown in there over the last couple of months are completely under the surface.

And as Verity Gold pointed out, it's been topped up by thousands of football hooligans urinating in it.

Franks Wild Years said:
Yellow card LI for inapropriate use of a Eurovision Song Contest winner.

And now the bloody tunes going round my head.

Nah, the Falmer villagers have met their Waterloo, and that goes for their puppet on a string De Vecchi. The time for making your mind up is long over for Prescott. Let Melanie Cuttress be a diva all she wants, her hopes have exploded with a mighty boom bang a bang.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
Nah, the Falmer villagers have met their Waterloo, and that goes for their puppet on a string De Vecchi. The time for making your mind up is long over for Prescott. Let Melanie Cuttress be a diva all she wants, her hopes have exploded with a mighty boom bang a bang.

There won't be any congratulations.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
London Irish said:

A career on the Sun entertainment desk beckons.....

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
London Irish said:

:lolol:

LI watches to much Eurvision.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
The worst they can do is delay us another year of pointless legal wrangling. I guess we should be getting angry about that, but we've waited so long, as Jonny Logan memorably said, what's another year?

Big mistake if they do decide to delay us another year of pointless legal wrangling. Cos that brings us fairly and squarely into the LDC local elections - which I believe Sir Lord B confirmed are due to take place in May 2007. As they say, Don't Get Mad, Get Even - and vote out every last one of these malicious creeps. Hell, it's worth doing anyway, regardless of the outcome of the Judicial Review. It's a no-lose, non-wasted vote :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here