Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC shallow as the Falmer pond?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
For the media it is open season on the LibDems and yet we accept Norman Baker's campaign to kill BHAFC and DeVecchi's obsessive hatred of football without any attempt at retaliation.
The odious pair have behaved appallingly throughout, especially when one remembers the role a prominent ex MP had in asset stripping BHAFC.
The LibDems are anti-sport and even their main football following MP, Bob Russell, does not support Falmer but does support Colchester's community stadium. He follows Colchester who plan to build on a greenfield, out of town site with100% road access.
This sort of inconsistency should be national news.
Baker and DeVecchi will relegate us this season and could then put us out of business but the general complacency on this board continues.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mona said:
For the media it is open season on the LibDems and yet we accept Norman Baker's campaign to kill BHAFC and DeVecchi's obsessive hatred of football without any attempt at retaliation.
The odious pair have behaved appallingly throughout, especially when one remembers the role a prominent ex MP had in asset stripping BHAFC.
The LibDems are anti-sport and even their main football following MP, Bob Russell, does not support Falmer but does support Colchester's community stadium. He follows Colchester who plan to build on a greenfield, out of town site with100% road access.
This sort of inconsistency should be national news.
Baker and DeVecchi will relegate us this season and could then put us out of business but the general complacency on this board continues.

So tell us what you have done to smear Baker in the national press and we'll glady help. Or is this just a meaningless rant with no substance to back it up?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
Rangdo said:
So tell us what you have done to smear Baker in the national press and we'll glady help. Or is this just a meaningless rant with no substance to back it up?
Yes and no. I hope this is not just a rant. I have written e-mails and letters to newspapers, message boards and MPs over the last couple of weeks since Kennedy's resignation. I have had little success. If there were a couple of hundred others doing the same we might get somewhere.
We are living through Build A Bonfire Part 2.
I rant to try and knock out the complacent "we'll get Falmer anyway" attitude.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mona said:
Yes and no. I hope this is not just a rant. I have written e-mails and letters to newspapers, message boards and MPs over the last couple of weeks since Kennedy's resignation. I have had little success. If there were a couple of hundred others doing the same we might get somewhere.

But I'm sure there are many doing the same. Just because they don't come on here to broadcast it doesn't mean they aren't actively pursuiing it. It just needs ideas to keep the ball rolling.
If someone suggests an angle and a target I'll fire off the email or send the pie. Doesn't mean I can't be confident about our success though.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Perhaps some guidance from Tim and Paul as to whether they feel we should be doing anything more at this time?

I agree with TLO - Prescott wants Falmer to happen - BUT mona is also right - should we not be doing more to expose the undemocratic nature of the Lib Dems in Lewes?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mona said:

I think we'll get Falmer anyway but also emailed Oaten and Hughes about Lewes and their undemocratic stance. I did get a reply from Oaten.
Actually since I sent my email to those two they have both pulled out of the leadership race.
Do you think it was something that I said ;) :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Do you think it was something that I said ;) :lol:

Yorkie = Chief Outer :lolol: :lolol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
People who are close to the club can't say too much at the moment. That is why every e-mail from us that publicises Baker and DeVecchi's behaviour is good.
With Baker the old saying is true - the higher a monkey climbs up the tree, the more it shows its arse.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Perhaps some guidance from Tim and Paul as to whether they feel we should be doing anything more at this time?

I agree with TLO - Prescott wants Falmer to happen - BUT mona is also right - should we not be doing more to expose the undemocratic nature of the Lib Dems in Lewes?

Well you obviously have a computer so if you're concerned email them and ask them for advice. Don't just post it on here. They'll be more than happy to advise if any action is necessary and if so what action to take. In the meantime I'll just keep chipping away.
Just out of interest do they have to be steak and kidney or can I send any variety?

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm pretty confident that things will go our way*, but am also anxious to keep up the pressure on LDC (if only out of spite!!). One tactic is to make the voters of Eastbourne, Worthing and Crawley (who vote in local elections in May) realise that they risk the nightmare scenario of a Lib Dem run council a la LDC if they don't vote Tory (or either Tory/Labour in Crawley). The objective would be to highlight to the LibDem councillors in Eastbourne, Worthing & Crawley that their election campaign could be seriously impacted by the antics of their friends in Lewes. This may be a long shot, but if it means a bit of hate mail for De Vecchi, then so much the better. I will be sending an email to all Tory & Labour councillors in those three areas, suggesting that they remind their electorate of what has gone on at LDC.

*I love the quote from the ODPM's office on the hospitality received by JP at Withdean. They have gone out of their way to emphasise how inappropriate Withdean is as a football stadium ("...of a steak and kidney pie and a glass of water in the creche temporarily being used as the directors' box"). What was the point of adding the bit about the creche? My reading is they are really saying "Look you idiots, it's about time B&HA got a decent facility, so shut up whinging about Falmer".

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Rangdo said:
Besides Falmer pond is quite deep. All the shopping trolleys and old tyres I've thrown in there over the last couple of months are completely under the surface.
:ohmy:

I KNEW he wasn't on trial at Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here