Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC pearls of wisdom needed

My wife works in sales. She has not been at her company long and is still learning the ropes and trying to forge a career. She was chatting (on the phone) to a bloke who is one of their biggest clients and was getting on well with him. They went for group beers and this chap came along as well and there was a bit of friendly banter.
The upshot of this is that this client of her company has asked her out to dinner (his treat) to an expensive and romantic London restaurant. Now it would be great for her career if she has a good relationship with this guy, and he is "a really nice bloke" who "knows I am married". On this basis she wants to go.
Now in 5 years of marraige, she has been chatted up many times and I'm not the jealous type, but the thought of her going to dinner with someone who clearly has romantic intentions makes me want to stab the c**t with a breadknife. I'm really fired up by this. But at the same time I don't want to lay down the law and tell her she can't go. I do trust her and she is capable of looking after herself. So, do I let her go or put a stop to it? What do you think? I can't think straight.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
KILL HIM .......

or just trust her to do the right thing - your call

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Let her go, but hide in the bushes outside and spy on them. If he makes a move on her steam in and twat him with the wine cooler.

I just can't stand the thought of him staring at her all night, smug in the knowledge that she is with him not me. Thinking he has a chance. Sizing her up. Her laughing at his shit jokes... etc etc

skitz

Feb 24, 2004
Tell her how you feel and put a stop to it. She'll be delighted with your honesty and trust in her.

80's Seagull said:
Let her go, but hide in the bushes outside and spy on them. If he makes a move on her steam in and twat him with the wine cooler.

Glad it's not just me who thinks this!!
But I know if I do I'll be so wound up I'll make an arse of myself.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If you trust her then you let her go and don't make a song and dance about it, or it will look like you DON'T trust her.

Truth is you probably do trust her, but it's him who's the problem. You know how a mans mind works, and you know that if you are him, the chances are you are doing it for all the immoral reasons. Therefore, how will he react when he gets the inevitable knock back ?

My advice is to not make a fuss, although you should suggest to your wife, that maybe it would be a good idea if you picked her up from the restaurant, "just in case he has got the wrong idea."

That way, he will know from the off that it's going nowhere, and you are about if it turns ugly when she leaves without him.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
skitz said:
Tell her how you feel and put a stop to it. She'll be delighted with your honesty and trust in her.

if you tell her dont expect her to be like the above she could fly off the handle.

She has been honest with you about the meal she could have not told you any of this i reckon she knows the score and will keep it to dinner

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The guy sounds a creep. If he knows you're married then he should know that he's putting you both in a very difficult position. Perhaps that's why he's doing it, to test you both out. I've come across arrogant men like him before who get a kick out of that sort of stuff. I'd just say to your wife that you won't try to stop her going if she really wants to and that you trust her implicitly but that you are uncomfortable with the thought of her having an intimate dinner with another man, no matter who he was. That might be the reaction she's looking for. If nothing else it'll prove how much you care, women in my experience hate indifference when it comes to these things.

Last edited:

Lord Bracknell said:
Has she told her boss about this invitation?

What does the company think about this way of doing business?

Not yet, she is asking my advice on how to react. Although I know they turn a blind eye to this sort of thing as it improves business.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Women are strange.

They want you to trust them, therefore not get jealous, but at the same time feel that if you do not display somekind of jealousy then you don't care.

I think, as someone said above, you should be honest with her and say how you feel. Say you trust her and wouldn't ever stop her going to something that may further her career but at the same time you are uncomfortable with the thought of this particular type of meeting.

She will then love you for:
a) your honesty.
b) your trust in her.
c) your jealousy showing that you care.
d) your desire for her to do well in her job, also showing you care.

there we go.

sorted. :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
My suggestion would be for you to let her go out with him, whilst you go out and get off with another girl somewhere, maybe in a club.

That way if she misbehaves, at least you'll feel better about yourself and have a good time while you're at it. That's what I'd do anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Now it would be great for her career if she has a good relationship with this guy, and he is "a really nice bloke" who "knows I am married".

How great will it be if he tries to come on to her and she rejects him?

If he's one of their biggest clients, he'll probably be able to get her sacked if he gets rejected

What's he doing inviting a married woman to a cosy expensive romantic restaurant anyway ???

Gritt23 said:

My advice is to not make a fuss, although you should suggest to your wife, that maybe it would be a good idea if you picked her up from the restaurant, "just in case he has got the wrong idea."

Very good idea. Not sure she will go for it though as then the creep will think she doesn't trust him and get the hump. Not good for business.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I like the idea of dropping her off and picking her up rules out him thinking anything can happen and if you're bigger than him scare him a little so he doesn't try anything.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Don't like the sound of that for one moment.

In my working life we have to be so careful about everything at the moment. If I have to stay late with a colleague who is female there has to be other people present.

If I need to take a trip away with a femaile colleague it is a nightmare so we usually have different hotels etc.

I do not like the way that this guy looks to be doing business, however it is f***ing hard in sales in a new job.

If it is a big account and good money for your wifes company I would suggest she speaks to her boss about this and get him to come on the dinner appointment with her.

Do not approach this from the 'personal aspect of it being your wife' but from the 'this is your new job honey and that is what we should worry about'

Of course you trust her. But does she trust this client and how can you help her look good in front of her boss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here