Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Paternity Classes

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ozymandias said:
Watch out for the breast feeding fascists, they made my wife's life hell because she just couldn't produce the milk, the fact that she had Post natal depression for the second didn't seem to register with the 'breast is best brigade' .... tossers. If your wife can then brilliant, if she can't, then she can't, she is not useless. evil or a bad mother, she will need lots of encouragement, make sure you give it to her.
good point... we've already had enough crap from the "earth mother" brigade to last a lifetime but I'm sure there's more to come... what's with the bollocks about having "failed" in some way if you have a caesarian birth as well...?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Moshe Gariani said:
good point... we've already had enough crap from the "earth mother" brigade to last a lifetime but I'm sure there's more to come... what's with the bollocks about having "failed" in some way if you have a caesarian birth as well...?

sorry - I obviously didn't type it as clearly as I intended.

What I meant was that having talked to many people following our experience one of the feelings that many other ladies who have had c sections have also felt in the first few days afterwards (along with the usual baby blues and post op low as well) is a sense of failure. You are correct of course and this is complete bollocks - they have not failed and in many cases they have gone through an awful in terms of a full labour and then major surgery.

A real positive we had was that when the time came to make a decision to go for an emergency c section, we didn't feel rushed into it and were fully on board as the midwives and doctors had carefully explaioned what was happening and the reasons behind the options available. Being informed certainly helped us. One of the many positive things said by our midwife was that you are having a baby not a birth and while you may have plans, they need to be flexible in order to achieve the wonderful end result.

Just as with the breast feeding issue which ozymandias has also mentioned, the support that you provide to your partner will be paramount.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
ROSM said:
sorry - I obviously didn't type it as clearly as I intended.

What I meant was that having talked to many people following our experience one of the feelings that many other ladies who have had c sections have also felt in the first few days afterwards (along with the usual baby blues and post op low as well) is a sense of failure. You are correct of course and this is complete bollocks - they have not failed and in many cases they have gone through an awful in terms of a full labour and then major surgery.

A real positive we had was that when the time came to make a decision to go for an emergency c section, we didn't feel rushed into it and were fully on board as the midwives and doctors had carefully explaioned what was happening and the reasons behind the options available. Being informed certainly helped us. One of the many positive things said by our midwife was that you are having a baby not a birth and while you may have plans, they need to be flexible in order to achieve the wonderful end result.

Just as with the breast feeding issue which ozymandias has also mentioned, the support that you provide to your partner will be paramount.

Great post! Completely agree on all aspects especially the one about having flexible birth plans...

I wanted to have Arthur naturally but was quite happy to be guided by the midwives (who have seen and been through it far more times than I had!) I had a very long first part of labour (not really technically labour) that lasted three days!! When I finally got to established labour it took another day and a half to have him!! After 20 hours of labour and being checked by what seemed like every doctor on the ward, I was still only 8cm (poo!!) so the midwives went through the options and given my half delirious state, Zef had to decipher my ramblings and we decided to have an epidural and try and push him out....which we did....

Anyhow - my point is that my husbands support was invaluable and our flexibility in birthing meant that we were pleased in the end, and thats all that matters!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here