Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC not what it used to be

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
NSC used to be great, but now has too many crap posts regarding celebs, non-football news etc..........

Discuss.......

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A clique is a group of people who don't let others into there group.

Considering that this is a message board on which you can post messages and the regular oportunitys you get to meet the other users at meet ups its far from clique.

Just.. special. :)

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I agree, I read Nsc every day to wile away the hours and on occasion it can be amusing but there seems to be a group who are intent on living out every last detail of there life on this board.

People are entitled to there opinions and simply dismissing them due to there post count is sad.:(

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
True but very often you are either ignored or as above just abused because when your post count is'nt massive. You have to admit it gets a little bit 'matey' on here sometimes

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It deffinatly does get matey and I can understand the clique idea. However I don't like it. 12 months ago I knew no one on here. Now I know almost all of the regular posters (or have at least met them).

As for the post count comment. That's Safeway's style of humour. A clue given with the italics and the jester. Just his way of saying yes, we've heard it all before. Its not so good now.

I can't speak for others but I don't think people with a low post count get ignored. if they did I might have to press the wrong button accidently and reduce Berkshire Seagull's post count to 1.

Okay, tell you what. The post count remark was a joke. Thought the inclusion of a little :jester: would have made that obvious. Apologies for any offence caused and for the record I agree on the point about some people describing every f***ing thing they do in their life to the whole board. Like you say, most people on here don't care and it would be far more suited to a PM or email (I know I can be guilty of this at times).

The only thing putting people off from feeling included is themselves. NSC is an EXTREMELY friendly board, and I can't think of anyone that has been excluded from the conversation on the grounds of their post count. Christ, look at some of the people with 4000-odd posts. It's hard to recall anything decent that they've ever said.

Hope that helps a little bit. I'm off to bed now cos I'm f***ing knackered and am starting drinking at 9am tomorrow morning on the train out of Eastbourne.

(You didn't really need to know that last bit, did you? D'oh. :dunce: )

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
As a relative newcomer to NSC (lurked, dipped in and out for a while but not really posted anything until about 10 days ago) I've 'felt' that I've been welcomed. I have started a couple of threads, asked a couple of questions and got some good responses - one chap even took the time and trouble to type all the rules of NSC in for me so now I can be very careful not to upset the administrators or get suspended by contributing more than 20 posts in a day. So a low post count didn't get me ignored and I took the "who's this Billy nine posts?" posting as a sign of affection (oh er matron ....) for a new member.

Is it cliquey? there are obviously people who know each other either personally or through the board and therefore feed off each but, if I moved to a new area and joined a new squash club or went to a new pub wouldn't my new group of friends be the same until I was either accepted into the group or I decided that these weren't the people for me?

Yes there is a lot of non football and non Albion related "rubbish" (this is a relative term depending on your opinion so my rubbish is another posters quality) but if this is what it takes to create a vibrant board then so be it because the chances are high that if people were only allowed to talk about football a lot would get bored and wander off, failing to return when the football topics came up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we talked about football all day there would be very few threads bar a hyperlink to the Samaritans as everyone seems to get so upset if we dare to lose.

There is always NSP if you want to "broaden" your mind !

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
If anything NSC is getting better their seems to be a good mix of users on the board,which is not over modarated like a lot of other football boards ,to get banned you have to go well over the top,some people like to waffle on a bit but is that not true to every day life? and i do feel that all new members get a fair crack of the whip? and some very good away fans add a another angle to the board.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brighton rock said:
and some very good away fans add a another angle to the board.

Away fans ? Who are they ?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Difficult for me to agree with the 'non-football' aspect, as I enthusiastically pile into some of those threads as much as anyone. But there are moments when threads turn into in-house discussions among friends of who's shagged who, who's drinking with who, and it does get very tedious and as was said earlier more appropriate for PMs since no-one else can participate.

But as Lord B says, a bit of wading reaps rewards. And generally threads entitled 'NSC isn't what it used to be' (which appear on average once a week) aren't going to help raise the level. If you don't like what's on here, start a better thread. It's that simple.

clapham_gull said:
NSC used to be great, but now has too many crap posts regarding celebs, non-football news etc..........

Discuss.......

It's about input, as confirmed by your compaint - so why are you making a 'spectator' comment when surely you should be evoking the greatness with incisive and poignant posts yourself - to eclipse the crap about celebs etc. ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
Yep, there's loads of shite on NSC. But wade through it and you'll find it's by far the best place for information, debate and whimsy about the Albion.

Accept no alternatives - although there's not much wrong with www.brightonfans.com

Good post (from the best serious poster).

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Turkey said:
It deffinatly does get matey and I can understand the clique idea. However I don't like it. 12 months ago I knew no one on here. Now I know almost all of the regular posters (or have at least met them).

:clap:

Yep, spot on. This time last year I'd met Fatboy, Beefy and Fake Slim (who?). Now almost every poor bastard who uses this site has had to meet me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here