Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC not what it used to be

Actually I think this is board is doing pretty well at the moment. Some of the off-topic stuff has been very good. The level of debate over Bush and iraq etc has been pretty intelligent. A Liverpool fan at work caught me wading through a thread on the Bush vist and was very impressed that a group of brighton fans could drag themselves away from the exciting cut and thrust of Div 2 footy to discuss the issues of the day.

Personally I enjoy discussions like those as much as the footy ones. As for the 'cliquey' stuff sometimes its funny and interesting sometimes just plain boring, but so what, "we are what we post". If you think its too dull start up a thread about something you feel passionate about and get people talking. I'm not a regular poster but have found people responding to the odd point I have made despite the low post count, so people don't seem to mind too much.

I agree with Row Z. I don't post a lot but still enjoy some of the off topic threads. I can see how some people may think this place is a bit "cliquey" but that is only to be expected when so many people on here have gone from anonymous names on a screen to good friends.

Personally, I haven't met any of you, and I'm unlikely to in the near future, but that doesn't stop me joining in, whether it be serious discussions, albion related or just piss taking.

It's quite simple really, if you see a thread title that is obviously not going to contain something you want to read, don't open it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I agree with Row Z. I don't post a lot but still enjoy some of the off topic threads. I can see how some people may think this place is a bit "cliquey" but that is only to be expected when so many people on here have gone from anonymous names on a screen to good friends.

Personally, I haven't met any of you, and I'm unlikely to in the near future, but that doesn't stop me joining in, whether it be serious discussions, albion related or just piss taking.

It's quite simple really, if you see a thread title that is obviously not going to contain something you want to read, don't open it.

You've met me :lolol:

Quality post though. To me NSC is like the pub after a game. You'll discuss if McPhee's been hard done by, if Oatway still cuts it and what'll happen after Falmer.

After a while the beer will sink down and the more serious will get on to today's political issues or what films/music excite you. The younger ones will discuss who they want to shag. And those in the middle will flit between the two subjects, pausing at times to discuss where the Cardinal ended up after the last away game, who's pulled a minger and, is that beer shit or is it me?

That NSC does that during the workday, sober, is to it's credit IMHO.

And as for cliquiness starting to appear - I remeber the first time I logged on in the old format before IP addresses and it appeared at first sight to be a gang of people who knew each other talking about what they were having for lunch. Of course it wasn't just that it was much more or I wouldn't bother logging on years later.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
As one who has been around NSC since 1997 simply it has changed with the times - good or bad will depend on your individual opinion.

I view NSC a few times a week and on average post a few times a month. For me it would be impossible to keep up with every thread, nor would I want to, but I scroll through and if any heading looks interesting will view. If anything it has become a victim of it own success.

As an exile I have always valued NSC for the Albion news and opinions expressed and it still remains true to that form today. Anything else is up to individal posters.

But whatever has or has not changed, for better or for worse - NSC is and will always be the Mother of all Albion Message Boards and for that I am grateful.

So my personal thanks to the moderators both present and past.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I like NSC - it has good footie discussion, but I also like the current affairs threads. Not at all geeky but cool.:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here