• Jessica Ennis

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Bradley+Wiggins+sits+on+the+throne+as+he+celebrates+winning+the+Men's+Individual+Time+Trial+on+day+five+

Wiggins for me, stunning achievements this year. There are most likely dozens of contenders that could win and would win any other year. But what Wiggins has done is breathtaking.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If it's a public vote Wiggins doesnt have a chance against the faces of the Olympics (he seemed to be quickly forgotten). Remember it's a popularity contest and Mo is the highlight of the Olympics.

My choice? Wiggins (but I misread the poll and put Mo - doh).

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Voted for Wiggins as well, the historic and gruelling nature of the TdF win followed by being on top form for Olympic Gold a fortnight later are too big to ignore along with the element of celebrating his career achievements in his greatest year. Other than the named three, Ainslee, Hoy, Trott and Kenny should be strong contenders.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Bradley Wiggins
For winning the hardest race in the world and being the first British to do
In addition now won 4 gold olympic medals
Closed shop even though there are many many other worthy winners

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With the public in charge it will probably be Wayne Rooney if he score a hattrick for Man Utd in the last week of November.

I think they should cancel it this year and use that show to celebrate the achievements of the 62* medalists.

The rest can be put into a 15 minute section after the news.

* at 12.52 12/8/12

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brett Mendoza. If it wasnt for him there would be no olympics and most impressive of all he kept really quiet about working up there as well.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
With any right think amongst the voters, Wiggo would get it for the TDF alone. The Olympic medals are just a bonus!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As much as I've always enjoyed reading his contributions on NSC, I don't think Tooting Gull should win it.

Gutted, thought I might have made the shake up with a speedy bike ride to the shops this year. Some people are too easily seduced by TV glamour.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Gutted, thought I might have made the shake up with a speedy bike ride to the shops this year. Some people are too easily seduced by TV glamour.

Excluding Albion's inevitable promotion procession to the Premiership, 2013 looks fairly nondescript.

So next year you've got the chance to inspire a middle-age generation, Tooting.

As long as the bike panniers hold out.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I heard on Radio 5 earlier they were discussing dropping the single award and just giving it to Team GB as a whole....I like that idea :thumbsup:

I like that idea too
I mean they'll certainly get "team of the Year" - that's a shoo in but they've all done brilliantly and I don't think anyone can be singled out
After Wiggins won his gold I thought he'd be certain to get it after winning the Tour de France as well, then I thought Jessica Ennis (quite a lot I'll admit !!) then Mo Farah. You can't dismiss Ben Ainslie either

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I'm going to put my tin hat on.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I like that idea too
I mean they'll certainly get "team of the Year" - that's a shoo in but they've all done brilliantly and I don't think anyone can be singled out

Hmm, the medalists have done brilliantly, but not sure you can reward the whole of Team GB, especially in the Athletics. There were way more finals without British representation than with. Should we really reward failure like that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here