Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Would love it to be Wiggins, but since a lot of the people who vote, will never have watched Channel 4 they will not know that Wiggins won the TDF, or even what that means. They will however have watched on consecutive Saturday nights as Mo Farah won two Olympic golds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Obviously I'm not slighting Ennis.
I've been all over NSC with my admiration for her achievement esp with the amount of pressure she's been under, for over a year.

There must be a fair few SPoTY winners, looking at their mantelpiece thinking:-
'well I wouldn't have won it, this year'.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Andy Murray would possibly be in the mix if he wins the US Open - he's probably close but not quite close enough.
Congratulations to the British man Andy Murray for winning Olympic Gold in the men's singles, commiserations to the Scots man Andy Murray for winning Silver in the mixed doubles !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Based on the fact that Wiggins' achievements eclipse those of Cavendish, and Cavendish won last year, then any other outcome than a Wiggins SPOTY would be illogical. He deserves it for the Piers Morgan tweet alone!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
This is all too big and historic, across the board there are history makers that are just way too big for a bloody tv award. It's a shame that this is considered to be the ultimate achievement by many. Can't wait for the show though, in the depths of winter it'll be a warming reminder of the greatest summer this country has ever seen.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whoever wins it's good to have wide choice of brilliant achievements to choose between, instead of the usual arrangement of one or two serious contenders and a load of names to make up the numbers.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Jade-Jones-Taekwondo-2012_2747402.jpg

Is that Tom Daley?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Only one winner, Wiggo hands down

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bradley, the first ever from our country to win perhaps the most arduous annual sporting event and to top that with an Olympic Gold Medal in the same year - simply the best
He won them within 2 weeks of each other, and in the middle of that he tired to help Mark Cavendish win the road race - and he's won golds before. It couldn't be an easier decision, none of the others (love them all) are even close to what he has achieved.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bradley, the first ever from our country to win perhaps the most arduous annual sporting event and to top that with an Olympic Gold Medal in the same year - simply the best

This. Plus he is a character.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I love Ennis and enjoyed watching her but don't think she should win and possibly not in the top 3

i'd have Wiggo first then Farah and Trott/Hoy/Ainslie

if Murray wins the US Open he may sneak in too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here