Laura-Trott.jpg

Oh what was it we were talking about?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Ben Ainslie deserves a mention for getting a fourth gold in successive games but I'll go for Wiggins.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I heard on Radio 5 earlier they were discussing dropping the single award and just giving it to Team GB as a whole....I like that idea :thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I heard on Radio 5 earlier they were discussing dropping the single award and just giving it to Team GB as a whole....I like that idea :thumbsup:

I like it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tough one. Went for Mo. That may change as there are some very good choices.

It won't be a footballer!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bradley, the first ever from our country to win perhaps the most arduous annual sporting event and to top that with an Olympic Gold Medal in the same year - simply the best

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wiggins for me, though any of those three more than deserve it.

Andy Murray would possibly be in the mix if he wins the US Open - he's probably close but not quite close enough.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Two golds at the Olympics: Farah, Trott, Kenny, Dujardin, Hoy. Two medals at the Olympics: Pendleton, Murray, Clancy, Becholsteimer, Adlington, L Smith, Whitlock.

Some real stars in the GB team, but Wiggo for me, the Tour De France was a fantastic performance

Last edited:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Best option by a mile !!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It's a nice idea, but in the cold light of day when the Olympic euphoria has died down, it'll seem a bit twee and a bit too 'politically correct' school sports day, where everybody wins and there are no losers, even the odd kid who stopped half way thought a race and started to eat the grass.

One of the inconvenient truths of this Olympics is we're well down on our Athletics target. We shouldn't be rewarding failure. By all means give Team GB the team award, but the individual thing shouldn't be scrapped. Wiggins should win it IMHO, but you could do a joint 2nd and 3rd made up of all the other gold medalists.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thank goodness the achievements of those mentioned will eclipse Murray losing Wimbledon and winning a gold and silver medal. Clearly he fails from a personality perspective in any case - sorry just can't warm to him.....

So tight between Farrah and Wiggo...... Hoy of course as well.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hoy may well muscle Ennis out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here