Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC has changed for the wurst

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Indeed, and in all seriousness one of the best things about this place is the silent but appropriate moderating in the background, keeping this place on a (mostly) even keel. All (bar one) of the moderators really do need a medal. And no I'm not related to nor know any of them personally, I don't think....But I have been part of this place for sometime now to be able to dish out that praise.
Who’s the bar one?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
There was a time when favourite sandwiches, least favoured Estate Agents etc ruled this place, now it seems "overrun" by a few self-obsessed posters who are permanently posting, on every single thread, 24/7. Is this a good thing? It turns me off big time your thoughts?
a simply check of the number of responses by poster says a lot, it's very odd

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m still none the wiser?
She means this, where I specify I’m not attacking her individually but the assertion in general - De Zerbi had no plan B - got on my tits. And it still does. Because he did.

I've read this sort of thing a lot recently, so it's not just your post or you I'm picking up here, but this doesn't half get on my tits.

De Zerbi was hired because he had a certain style. Bloom has always wanted the men's first team to 'play football' for two reasons. Firstly so that there is a clear 'club identity' style in the lower age groups. This isn't rocket science, Barca and Ajax have done it successfully. Secondly, because good technical players, as opposed to good physical players, go for more money in transfers (this is also why we're hoarding HGPs and goalkeepers, but I digress).

Additionally, you need other types of player to switch to a different style. Everton play how they do because they have pace out wide and a centre forward who, at his best and fittest, can head it in. Sitting back and hitting on the counter at pace make a lot of sense when you have those players. It makes zero sense with a striker who's not that great in the air and players with the pace of Lallana, Gross, Milner, Buonanotte and even Gilmour. We can't just go all pragmatic. That's actually the issue with our recruitment. At its best it equips coaches like De Zerbi with Mitomas and Joao Pedros and coaches like Potter with Caicedos, Bissoumas and Mwepus. At its worse it gives coaches like Hughton players like Locadia and Jahanbaksh.

But if your Caicedos and Bissoumas are sold, your Mitomas and Marches injured, your Gross and Joao Pedros knackered then you're left with a second rate team of technical players with not much pace who are still learning an intricate tactical set up.

Beyond that, he has changed tactics in the last few games. We played totally differently against Man U than we did against Newcastle and Villa. We just didn't take those first half chances.
It was the last in a series of similar posts that I happened to reply to and the others were from different users and I disagreed with them all.

I suggest folk read it and decide for themselves.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
She means this, where I specify I’m not attacking her individually but the assertion in general - De Zerbi had no plan B - got on my tits. And it still does. Because he did.

It was the last in a series of similar posts that I happened to reply to and the others were from different users and I disagreed with them all.

Don't rise to it mate. You more often than not give a slapping-down where it's duly deserved and where other mods fear to slap. More power to your slapping hand! 🖐

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

TL;DR

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
a simply check of the number of responses by poster says a lot, it's very odd
Whatabout replying to your own posts? ???

1718562270319.png

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

When people say...

I don’t want to offend you but..
I’m not racist but…
I’m not attacking you individually but…..

You know they are doing exactly that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When people say...

I don’t want to offend you but..
I’m not racist but…
I’m not attacking you individually but…..

You know they are doing exactly that.
No, I just couldn’t be arsed to find and quote all the other posts that were the same and have people read through them to get to my point.

I had no intention to attack you personally, which is why I specified it. I’m glad you’re back on NSC.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here