Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Been using NSC for 20+ years.

It probably was better back in the day, but then again, weren't most things... BHAFC being an exception.

The internet in general has resulted in people increasingly becoming the 'main character'. People also seem to be less empathetic and tolerant of each other these days. This is reflected on NSC and all other social media. It also can't help that back in the day people had to boot up a computer to access these things, whereas having access 24/7 has probably resulted in less desirable behaviours.

In regards to NSC specifically, not too much has changed in terms of its culture. However there seems to be one moderator on here who resorts to authoritarian threats and actions, and sometimes abusive language. I'm sure the common punter on here can get away with it from time to time - but when someone who should be leading by example behaves that way, it's not a good look and can't be good for the websites culture, as it's apparent that the userbase respects those with a 'moderator' slogan next to their avatar.
NSC was actually better before GDPR because then attention seeking snowflakes with main character syndrome couldn’t put Bozza to loads of work deleting all their data when they had a tantrum, only to return later as if nothing had happened with a smile on their face and a daisy up the jacksie.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
NSC was actually better before GDPR because then attention seeking snowflakes with main character syndrome couldn’t put Bozza to loads of work deleting all their data when they had a tantrum, only to return later as if nothing had happened with a smile on their face and a daisy up the jacksie.

GDPR has nothing to do with Bozza deleting my posts. Any post I make is public and not protected by GDPR. Bozza didn't need to do what he did, and to be fair his efforts speak volumes about him, I appreciated it.

Why are you so antagonistic? Shouldn't you at least TRY to be a little more professional in your role as a moderator here?

Reactions: cjd

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Starting a sentence with a conjunction is bound to cause an argument on here amongst the Grammar Police
I remember someone howling at the moon about people starting sentences with 'So'.

I rather like it. It has a jaunty optimism about it. So I have shoe-horned it into posts when I remember to do so.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
NSC is the best it’s been for years. It vastly improved when Bozza got shot of the handful of overtly racist antagonists, CT nuts, and that viscious little odd ball from Sweden (?).
& that prick Nibble.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
NSC is the best it’s been for years. It vastly improved when Bozza got shot of the handful of overtly racist antagonists, CT nuts, and that viscious little odd ball from Sweden (?).

Indeed, and in all seriousness one of the best things about this place is the silent but appropriate moderating in the background, keeping this place on a (mostly) even keel. All (bar one) of the moderators really do need a medal. And no I'm not related to nor know any of them personally, I don't think....But I have been part of this place for sometime now to be able to dish out that praise.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I am surprised there are no meme threads. Even one for football memes/jokes. To many leftwing blowhards who cant meme me thinks.:(

Also why don't Zoomers speak properly? We need an inter-generational warfare thread.

Oh and I'm thinking about trying pineapple on pizza for the first time.

Ok I'm done now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed, and in all seriousness one of the best things about this place is the silent but appropriate moderating in the background, keeping this place on a (mostly) even keel. All (bar one) of the moderators really do need a medal. And no I'm not related to nor know any of them personally, I don't think....But I have been part of this place for sometime now to be able to dish out that praise.
These are a good team of moderators (bar none)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here