Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has been a great source of info & chat for many years but has now lost all...

It used to be you went to NSP for the juvenile stuff, NSC for the grown up stuff. I think we should have a school type-system.
An NSC Nursery where we stick the Newbies for a year. They can flounce about, upsetting each other, giving it the large one till they graduate to big NSC.
Stick the away fans in Remedial NSC, so they can be ignored by all, occasionally patronized and pitied.
Meanwhile us old timers get the board back, giving us free reign to moan about how bad/good the old days were.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It used to be you went to NSP for the juvenile stuff, NSC for the grown up stuff. I think we should have a school type-system.
An NSC Nursery where we stick the Newbies for a year. They can flounce about, upsetting each other, giving it the large one till they graduate to big NSC.
Stick the away fans in Remedial NSC, so they can be ignored by all, occasionally patronized and pitied.
Meanwhile us old timers get the board back, giving us free reign to moan about how bad/good the old days were.

278 posts ? As if you have any say round here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Someone with 15000 posts needed to put me in my place ............. didn't really work that ..............

:)

I was admonished by someone with over 30,000 the other day. I felt........ well..... sort of ........................... noticed.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
NSC is/was a small proportion of our fanbase opinion and those who dare spoke out against those NSC regulars were shit down in flames. With our " new" fans joining the NSC community the opinion on all topics is far more widespread and pretty much a more true opinion of an albion fan instead of the sometimes blinkered view of those of the pre Falmer NSC ?

This

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am not convinced NSC ever had a golden period. For every attempt at raising the tone of debate there has been ten threads going Guy Butters/Maheta Molango/Wayne Henderson, etc. is a waste of space (only in stronger terms than that).

Then again, nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
A factor for sure. They get the full run on here and dominate the board with mostly garbage , people react and things cease to become a discussion. Then knowing these fans from other clubs are lurking some people tweak their posts on totally seperate subjects to have sly digs at them or to simply try and level where they have been abused in other threads.

Palace lot need moderating much tighter in my opinion and knock on effect should be a better board. An away fans sub forum like on BBS should def be looked at again. Against dividing up the board to much but 2 or 3 catogeries should improve the quality. Only 50% would prob agree again as no one likes change but Im bloody sure this would be the answer.

Time to evolve IMO

I don't mind when palace fans etc start binfests on the main board, but i realise it winds up other people, so i am in favour of an 'away' section for that reason.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am not convinced NSC ever had a golden period. For every attempt at raising the tone of debate there has been ten threads going Guy Butters/Maheta Molango/Wayne Henderson, etc. is a waste of space (only in stronger terms than that).

Then again, nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

I have been on NSC since the mid 90's and people have been complaining that it is going downhill since about post number two.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't mind when palace fans etc start binfests on the main board, but i realise it winds up other people, so i am in favour of an 'away' section for that reason.

Do you not think that people who have not attended matches claiming the Albion are 'shit' within 30 seconds of the final whistle are also winding people up?

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
lol ... you cant sink the Titanic! i suggest getting back to the football
have i missed the thread on Harleys penalty ...that deserves one

Last edited:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Sometimes wind up accounts can be good fun though, we block posters as a last resort. One of the reasons I am opposed to making NSC hostile to opposing fans is that diversity makes you less insular.

As for people who post homophobic or racist material, we will act if we feel it is offensive, but even within mod towers (when we're not looking at the secret webcams that Bozza has installed on each of the Daft Bints PC's) there is debate over where the line lies between banter and abuse.

I appreciate that the Palace BBS takes an alternative approach, but if you look on that message board, it is crap compared to NSC.

If you genuinely can't cope with a Palace fan giving it "We scored three, they scored one, Brighton take it up the bum" you really need professional help, and I really don't think you should attend the match on 31st January, because I suspect it might be sung a few times (although if you are a STH and can get an away ticket then I'll happily take it off your hands).

agree .. even though i cant cope with such songs but i am trying to learn... fortunately we are in the majority out here in germany ... i hate palace and would hate it if they were in my town ... none here i hope / guess / believe ... no one out here likes them !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here