Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Greyhound Syndicate

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Right, this is the last bounce of this thread that I will be doing. If I can't get the 13 takers that we need to have a reasonable syndicate, then I will let this idea drop, and have to do it on my own :annoyed::down::cry:, when I'm a bit more flush! lol

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My mate has just bought a share in a dog with Joey Beauchamp (the ex-Oxford player who controversially turned down a move to The Albion years ago :tosser:)

Their A4 class mutt cost £800, with monthly training costs estimated to almost be covered by track running fees.

It made me wonder whether re-floating this idea from Seagulltonian.
Maybe we wouldn't need 20 NSC syndicatees. Maybe ten at £100 would be possible?

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
If this idea is still on the cards then myself and Mrs. Manny will be up for a share each. I have quite a background in Greyhounds and have several contacts. Im friends with a couple of Hove trainers and my dad was a breeder in Ireland until very recently but is still very much one of the faces over there. An average grader at Hove at about two and a half to three years old can be picked up for under a grand. If you want to spend Two grand you could chance getting a promising pup from ireland, or going for a half decent graded dog with maybe a shot at one or two local open races. Going for an unproven pup of course comes with risks (is it dodgy, will it get the distance at Hove etc) but there is also the potential upside in that it could turn out to be more than an average grader. It is easier to get hold of Irish pups that would suit Hove as most buyers are looking for sprinters for the london tracks. Hove requires a dog that can stay.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still very interested in trying to get this off the ground!! Anyone else interested at all?
I know the football is getting a bit exciting now as well :amex:

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
I'd be up for this. Surely we can get 10 of us if it's only £100 each? or maybe 10 @ £200 if we want to go for one of Manny's other options?

A few questions if I may:

- Are we certain that there are no training/monthly fees over and above the running fees? (I'd still be up for it if there were but think it's worth clarifying for those interested)
- What happens if it gets injured? There will obviously be vets bills plus what do we do with 'it' if it can't race again?
- When it's retired what do we do with 'it'?

The more I think about it the more i reckon this would be a laugh!

Coming up with a name could be fun...!

D

Deleted User X18H

I think the training fee figure is unrealistic. Its more than £40 a week. More like 8 or 9 quid a day based on 7 days.

You cannot insure a racing greyhound to the best of my knowledge, or if you can its only to a stud value, if it has a stud valuation.

Saying that if you can get it off the ground, I would weigh in with my 100 notes.

May 22, 2008
I think the training fee figure is unrealistic. Its more than £40 a week. More like 8 or 9 quid a day based on 7 days.

You cannot insure a racing greyhound to the best of my knowledge, or if you can its only to a stud value, if it has a stud valuation.

Saying that if you can get it off the ground, I would weigh in with my 100 notes.

same here and I have some contacts in ireland as well to buy a racing pup. I did once own knockeven fury who was Fav for the puppy Derby
and rapid sophie who was at the time one of the UK's best bitches.
but its a endless pitt of money.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What about the costs of the dog once the racing career is over? You're not allowed to shoot them anymore.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What about the costs of the dog once the racing career is over? You're not allowed to shoot them anymore.

The thread starter has said on page one he will keep the hound.

I'm not sure I could go to £100 but would think seriously about it for £50 if somebody else wants to match my £50.

Ill be interested in the answers to J2 BHA first two questions

Pat_Albion

Nov 10, 2007
BN41

I'm not sure I could go to £100 but would think seriously about it for £50 if somebody else wants to match my £50.

as long as there are no hidden costs, i may be interested. sounds like a laugh

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
You can get one for free, that will sleep at your feet, be a loyal mate, catch you rabbits and happily run around your local park. It will probably be quite happy to respond to NSC if you feed it and give it a stress free life...

Adopt a Greyhound

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010

Im more then happy to put £50 to match Gazwag if this gets off the ground. keep me informed!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Right peeps. Please state if you're interested and the amount you're willing to put in.

Let's see if we can make this happen :bounce:

Cheers,
Barry (Seagulltonian)

£100 from me :thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
£100 from me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here