Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Experiment - how often do you go for a PISS ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think I am officially my bladders BITCH.

I'm drinking a fair amount through the day, mind. I've had two cups of tea this morning, a can of coke, a large can of Mountain Dew at lunch, a glass of orange squash post-lunch, and now I have another tea in front of me. However, I still think my pissing patterns are excessive. Or maybe my drinking is ? Anyway, I have taken it upon myself to note down and analyse the times of my unrinary extractions today whilst at work, and so far they have been:

14.42 (wow, just 36 minutes betwixt)

So on average today, this is a piss every 57 minutes. Is this excessive ? Maybe some other NSC-ers would like to become pissing partners with me and note down the times of their sprinkles throughout the day, and we can find out who is the PISSIEST POSTER on NSC.

I would suggest collating the times over a few hours, rather than posting "just popping off" each time you're off to drain the lizard, but do whatever you feel comfortable with. I think I'll start keeping a pissbook log anyway.

I'll be quite surprised if anyone on here pisses more often than me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I'm drinking a fair amount through the day, mind. I've had two cups of tea this morning, a can of coke, a large can of Mountain Dew at lunch, a glass of orange squash post-lunch, and now I have another tea in front of me. However, I still think my pissing patterns are excessive. Or maybe my drinking is ? Anyway, I have taken it upon myself to note down and analyse the times of my unrinary extractions today whilst at work, and so far they have been:

So on average today, this is a piss every 57 minutes. Is this excessive ? Maybe some other NSC-ers would like to become pissing partners with me and note down the times of their sprinkles throughout the day, and we can find out who is the PISSIEST POSTER on NSC.

I would suggest collating the times over a few hours, rather than posting "just popping off" each time you're off to drain the lizard, but do whatever you feel comfortable with. I think I'll start keeping a pissbook log anyway.

Certainly more than me, I'd estimate about four or possibly five a day whereas you've managed 6 in 5 hours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Certainly more than me, I'd estimate about four or possibly five a day whereas you've managed 6 in 5 hours.

Indeed. One every 57 minutes on average.
I'm setting up an Excel spreadsheet to keep tally of this. I was to get it to over an hour at least. I'll add I'm not *busting* to go each time, but its enough to make me think 'mmm...think I will now'.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I had one when I woke up (6:20) and one before I left (7.15).
I think i've had four or five since i've been at work.
I think i've had two cups of tea, one of coffee and about five glasses of water. I did have a bottle of wine and a couple of scotchs last night though.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

As a diabetic, one of the symptoms of diabetes is drinking alot and pissing alot. I was drinking about 8-10 pints of liquid a day pre-diagnosis.

Just a thought.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm setting up an Excel spreadsheet to keep tally of this. I was to get it to over an hour at least. I'll add I'm not *busting* to go each time, but its enough to make me think 'mmm...think I will now'.
Too late for me to start counting today, but I'll try and keep a proper tally tomorrow. My drinking habits are similar to yours by the looks of things, I've had two teas and a coffee, a can of diet pepsi and a 'supermarket red bull' so far today.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If it was going for a dump I could give all my details for the next month here and now. Regular as clockwork I am.

7.30 am and 6.27 pm.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
What’s a Diuretic?

A diuretic is either a food, herb, beverage or anything else that aides in the process of making your body release more urine. Increasing the amount of times your body releases fluids can do three things for you: excrete toxins from the body, lower your blood pressure and help get rid of extra water weight.

Fruits and Vegetables

Any fruit with a large amount of water in it is a good choice for a diuretic. Many fruits, such as cranberries and juniper berries, are also good system cleansers and infection fighters. Many of the green leafy vegetables, while having diuretic properties, also have antioxidant and cancer fighting properties as well.There are many fruits and vegetables available to buy that can be used as a natural choice for a diuretic, such as: Cranberries, Watermelon, Lemon, Juniper Berries, Tomatoes, Asparagus, Artichokes, Beets, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cucumber, Lettuce, Watercress, Celery, Eggplant.

Herbs

These herbs are easy to add into your diet as additions to your ordinary meals to add a bit more flavour. Certain herbs, such as garlic, have also been shown to have heart healthy qualities. Some good diuretic herbs are: Parsley, Horseradish, Ginger, Dandelion Leaf, Stinging Nettle, Hawthorn Herb, Garlic, Fennel, Raw Onion, Celery Seed.

Oats and Other Food

Not only can oats help fight against high cholesterol, but they are also perfect for fighting against fluid retention. Other things you can add to food, such as vinegars, can add to your potassium levels as well. Oats, Apple Cider Vinegar.

Beverages

Some drinks that can be used as diuretics should not come as a surprise because of all their other health benefits. Anything with caffeine can be used as a diuretic, as well as: Coffee, Green Tea, Carrot Juice, Cranberry Juice, Dandelion Tea, Sodas, Tea, Lemon Juice added to a glass of water.

There is only one problem with diurectic foods, and that is potential dehydration. Since they cause the removal of too much water from the body, this causes you to lose out on precious vitamins and minerals. Therefore, be sure to continue to drink plenty of fluids during the times you are using diurectic herbs, beverages and foods.

I'd cut down on the tea, coffee and coke, and replace with BEER.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
3/4 maybe ? Haha bit random. When I drink I turn in to a f***ing racehorse.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

We could be bladder buddies, Easy.:thumbsup:

I too am in regular need of bladder drainage. I'm not quite as frequent as you, every 57minutes over a five or six hour period does seem like you should be getting the urinary equivalent of frequent flyer air miles, but in an average day I'd say I go about 7-9 times.

I hope this makes you feel less like your bladder's bitch and more like a normal person. Of course, it could be just us. Or we could have diabetes(that's a serious point, btw...).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a diabetic, one of the symptoms of diabetes is drinking alot and pissing alot. I was drinking about 8-10 pints of liquid a day pre-diagnosis.

Just a thought.

Hmm. Food for thought ta. I can happily go without as much liquid, I'm not gasping for drinks all the time, its just easily on tap all the time when I'm at work, and people do bring teas round when I don't particularly want one. Perhaps I should learn to say "no thanks" a bit more,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
4 - 5 per 24 hours, I would say.

I also don't think I have EVER woken in the middle of the night for a piss. Perhaps I just piss myself in my sleep.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We could be bladder buddies, Easy.:thumbsup:

I too am in regular need of bladder drainage. I'm not quite as frequent as you, every 57minutes over a five or six hour period does seem like you should be getting the urinary equivalent of frequent flyer air miles, but in an average day I'd say I go about 7-9 times.

I hope this makes you feel less like your bladder's bitch and more like a normal person. Of course, it could be just us. Or we could have diabetes(that's a serious point, btw...).

Taken on board.

I'm going to cut down on the drinking. I'm guzzling through the day for no good reason other than "its there" I reckons. No need for it.

I have developed an addition to large ripe PLUMS lately though. Make of that what you will.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Easy 10 looking worried..........

Attachments

• 9184433_tmb.jpg
    9184433_tmb.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 484

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I also don't think I have EVER woken in the middle of the night for a piss. Perhaps I just piss myself in my sleep.

I always need to piss at night and its really irritating, preventing me from nodding off, consequently i always make sure my bladders dryer than the Sahara before bed.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I also pee 7 - 10 times a day. I am led to believe that it is healthy, providing that the end product is clear. But I only drink water - no tea, coffee or booze - maybe as much as 2 litres a day or more, particularly when the weather is hot. Also not "busting" to go half the time. Suspect I am getting old!

What a marvellous thread!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sometimes if we go for a few pints I can have four pints without needing a piss. In the office drinking water - I may go once in the morning - but in the afternoon - it feels like every half-hour. It is all strange. And if I have a cup of tea ........

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't let your bosses find out Easy, 7 a day, each one is how long from desk to desk 5 minutes?

That works out about 8,000 minutes a year or 17 working days a year lost whilst pissing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Surely there is more inclination to scuttle of and have a leak if you are at work ?

In my old factory it was acceptable to have a morning and afternoon poo break ( sit down in bog and read paper for 15 mins ) and 3-4 pee breaks spaced evenly throughout the day ( mostly for chatting ). Would there be the same incentive if one were in ones own time at the cinema or slobbing in front of the box at home ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Similar to DKM, if I go out for a few beers I can have 3-4 pints before needing to go. But once that seal is broken the visits inevitably become more frequent.

And other than the very first one in the mornng, my piss is as crystal clear as a mountain spring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here