Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC - downtime at 6pm on Wednesday March 2nd

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can we just have the *** Official Apple iPad 2 Launch Thread **** up on NSC from 5pm?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I was not aware of this exciting news, i had arranged for the 4 in my avatar to call round at about that time on Tuesday for as bit of fun, have just cancelled it, thanks Bozza I wouldn't want to miss this for anything :thumbsup:

You fool. Downtime is Weds.
What are you going to do on Tues now?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Exciting stuff.
Will the new iPad have revolutionary new features built in I wonder.....

I read that at as 'iWonder', as in the state of mind we'll one day be in when no one can remember what we did before the dawn of tablets and phones and pcs and macs etc etc.

I do enjoy these threads though. Bozza just drops it into the mix and the reactions and very amusing!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps it is my age but my attitude is so Apple are releasing a new product big deal, would the world stop if BMW unvieled a new model car. To me it matters very little whether I see or read about it one day or the next.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Perhaps it is my age but my attitude is so Apple are releasing a new product big deal, would the world stop if BMW unvieled a new model car. To me it matters very little whether I see or read about it one day or the next.

Imagine Werthers were announcing a new butterscotch flavour.

Yeah?

See - now you get it, doncha. :thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
were apple responsible for the imax cinemas? :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To us oldies an iPad is something the missus buys to soak up the wee when she gets told a joke and her bladder control fails. :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will anyone with an iPad be purchasing an iPad 2?

Probably, yes.

Apple Store site is down already - maybe it will begin shipping almost immediately.

My predictions, which are hardly going out on a limb:

Front facing camera, thinner, rear facing camera, faster (A5?) processor, completely flat on the rear, bigger speaker, slightly better battery life.

I don't expect a retina display.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Anyone know of a link to watch the keynote live? This may sound like a sarcastic joke, but i can't assure you, i am not kidding.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone know of a link to watch the keynote live? This may sound like a sarcastic joke, but i can't assure you, i am not kidding.

The last few Apple have streamed on apple.com to anyone with a Mac or iOS device - I would expect the same. If not, any of the usual unofficial Apple sites and tech blogs will have live text and photo commentary.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only thing I can even begin to compare this nerve-grinding tension to is when we were waiting for the decision on the stadium. There is a palpable aura of fear traced with potential elation at the colossal news which is about to be released, nay UNLEASHED, onto a waiting world.

I am, quite literally, clawing at my own face with anticipation.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think I will just go in a Starbucks on the morning of release at 08.59am., and wait for a purchaser to come in all casual like, order a double decaf with a twist, then make the biggest *LOOK AT ME* body language signage, while sitting down with it (upside down!), and fumbling with the destruction manual :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here