Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC constantly 'Not Responding'

Flex Your Head

Since Friday I have not been able to access NSC on either my home or work PC. The Big Board page seems to load, but then stops responding as it tries to load the ads (or whatever?) I have to close my internet explorer via Task Manager as it freezes everything.
I have no probs accessing via Smartphone, but it's becoming a right pain now. Anyone else had similar problems or got any tips?

Cheers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] reported an issue to me late last week - sounded like it was slow-running Skimlinks code (the thing that auto-affiliates keywords on NSC pages to help us earn some ad revenue).

I've not seen anything myself here.

Interested to hear from others...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NSC has been consistently far more sluggish than any other site for me for about a week now (using either Firefox or IE7). More often than not I have to submit the same link twice to bring up the page. Assumed til now it was my not-very-new PC that couldn't cope with the feature-rich NSC site. Still think that actually. Bottom left of my screen usually says 'Transferring data from northstandchat.com...'. Then it eventually does.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Been fine my end. Do I have a super laptop?

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
The site has been slow for me all day - even slower when trying to go back a page. Also been getting a Mcaffee warning at the top of the main page (not now though) that some content has been blocked as it is 'supsicious or dangerous' Never had that before
???

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I was having a problem. The page would never load completely, the blue loading bar at the top of the screen would not go away as it normally does when the page loads. Seems to be working now. I tried other sites and all loaded ok - just nsc..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Had noooo problems here. I can access fine from both work and home and although work network is far from dynamic it still works with no problem.

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
I am having the same issue with my work and home laptop. The page fully loads and is not responding and I need to CLOSE IE . Only started today, maybe Friday as well. Sending from my phone

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
using Chrome and fine for me? what browser are people using?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was getting a error dialog being thrown about the script for skimlinks not responding and did I want to stop or continue the script. This was in Firefox 7.0.1 running on XP SP3 on an ancient (eight year old) HP desktop machine.

That was last week though, not had a problem today.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], that reminds me. I was unable to access NSC via my phone all day Saturday. I forgot about it, but have just tried again, and still can't connect. Might be the same problem. I can access all other sites fine.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Hi Bozza - having to use tapatalk as IE8 at work freezes - ie is unresponsive and has to be killed. Was not happening on Friday.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Thank God it's not just me. On the ship it just freezes, but I'm ashore in Starbucks Cozumel Mexico now & it's fine. My work computer just won't have it!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've had half loaded pages and had to hit the reload button, sometimes more than once. This happened once or twice at home (on firefox) and quite regularly at work (on IE).

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So Bozza, just to confirm, on my work computer (windows) it just freezes & I can't even close the page, I have to go to task manager & close down. On my Macbook now as I'm ashore, & it's working fine. Bit of a pisser if my work pc won't let me see NSC as that's how I follow the games!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here