Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Christmas charity collection

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Okay chaps. Following on from another thread, I'm proposing a charity collection to the firemens charity.

I've got paypal, so presumably you lot could paypal me and then I could collect it and pay it over.

Never done this before so a) anyone up for it? and b) is it easy to do?

I'd publish donations together with proof of receipt to the charity on, say the 24th December or around then?

EDIT : My paypal email is: burrowslee@hotmail.com

MODS - can we make this a sticky, if the idea catches on please?

EDIT - Only needs to be a pound or so.

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
happy with that.

paypal is easy, if you let us have your e-mail address those of us who have a paypal account can simply make a payment to you by accessing via your mail address.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
count me in.

I play cricket against barcombe, loads of the team are from the local fire station

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Count me in, too.

Cheers, Buzzer.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can I suggest when making donations you add a bit to cover paypal fees, I think its 3.4% + 20p - so if you donate £10 make it £10.54.

Also, Buzzer, you might want to see if you can download something from the charity to fill in when paying over the funds so you can confirm whose donations are covered by gift aid thereby enabling them to reclaim a further 28% from the government.

Or just list all the payments and put a column at the end headed Gift Aid and tick those who say yes - if you pay tax say yes

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sent:)

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I think we should go to one of the games around the christmas period DRESSED UP in BLUE SANTA COSTUMES, for charity of course.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
I think we should go to one of the games around the christmas period DRESSED UP in BLUE SANTA COSTUMES, for charity of course.

Sounds quite complicated and time consuming etc - but I would never knock anybody for wanting to get involved with Buzzer's worthy cause, in whatever way they choose.

So, I will gladly ADD £20 to the amount I already plan to donate to the NSC Christmas Charity Collection if you attend a game in a blue Santa costume and post photographic evidence on the Big Board. Please do it :clap:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Fire Service Collection At Withdean

A collection is to be held at Withdean on Saturday night for the families of the two firemen that died last weekend.

Geoff Wicker, a retained firefighter, and support officer Brian Wembridge died after an explosion at a fireworks depot near Lewes.

Mr Wembridge was a close friend of Dave Amiet from East Sussex Fire & Rescue, who is seconded to the club's community team to promote fire safety to young people in the county.

Albion chief-executive Martin Perry said, "One of the men killed in the tragedy was a close colleague of Dave's, and the club therefore feels we too have lost a colleague.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the families that have lost their loved ones and their colleagues in the fire service who will feel their loss very deeply."

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
dont have Paypal but have put a bit aside to put in the collection saturday night. all the best with a worthy cause.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll donate at the ground. Paypal earns enough as it is without it taking a bung from charitable contributions. No offence meant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here