Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC a tory forum?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Forgive my ignorance but isn't CNN American and therefore automatically über right wing?

Er no, NBC, CBS and ABC are all hated by the Republican Party. Fox News is owned by Murdoch, and is a right wing mouthpiece. NBC to me is about the best of them (nightly news at 11.30 pm on CNBC).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Forgive my ignorance but isn't CNN American and therefore automatically über right wing?

Er no, NBC, CBS and ABC are all hated by the Republican Party. Fox News is owned by Murdoch, and is a right wing mouthpiece. NBC to me is about the best of them (nightly news at 11.30 pm on CNBC).

CNN is quite neutral, and has actually suffered for it. In trying to be a straight news channel, they don't draw in the audience and their viewing figures are in the toilet. MSNBC tends to be left wing, and Fox extremely Right Wing.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Sussex is notoriuos for being a Conservative area due to it's wealth. So not suprisingly there are a lot of Tory supporters on NSC.

Labour can't win the election, it would be a disaster. Their manifesto seems to be 'stick with us and we will keep it the same and eventually the economy will sort itself out'

Tory's have realised that huge cuts need to be made to save the economy. I think if they get in it will be a difficult time on the old purse for everybody, but for the next election their focus will be 'look at how much debt we have recovered'

Whoever wins the election will have a very difficult term in charge

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I really understand the view from many on here that things can't be any worse than they have been under Labour in recent years and that it worth giving the Tories a chance.
I am afraid that the truth is that things can get much worse and if the Tories get in ,with a working majority, we will find out how just how bad that is. Many hundreds of thousands will be out of work as a chronic lack of investment tears the heart out of the fragile economy. If you find yourself on the wrong side of the tracks you don't want a Tory government, remember the cardboard cities in London in the 80s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here