Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC a tory forum?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cameron won the debate last night , Clegg was just behind and Brown was definitely the loser. I think the country has already made its mind up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think people are confusing who they will vote for and who won the debate.

??? its the same thing isnt it? a few might acknowledge someone won a debate and still go for their favourite anyway, but the purpose of debate is usually to win over the others. if you've won the debate, the undecided would support and vote for you.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Here's my theory on the debates, for what it's worth:

As people said before the first debate - Clegg wins by turning up. It puts him on a par with GB & DC, which removes the main barrier to voting LibDem ("they can't win"). We now have, in effect, a three horse race - the polls have them all within a few % points of each other.

Beyond that, the debates haven't made much difference. They tend to confirm people's views. Plenty of evidence for this in posts on NSC.

Is there a parallel with introducing 'three points for a win' in international tournaments? After Italia 90's dull defensive football, three points were introduced in the group stage at USA 94. Everyone agreed that it made a real difference: the football was more positive, there were more goals. BUT THE SAME TEAMS WENT THROUGH AS WOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH IF THERE HAD BEEN TWO POINTS FOR A WIN.

Similarly, I'm suggesting that - apart from putting Clegg on an equal footing to GB & DC - the debates don't make a difference to how we vote, they just make the General Election seem more engaging and exciting.

What do you think?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
How anyone can STILL want Brown and his clapped out cohorts to run this country for another 5 years is quite beyond my comprehension.
I should like the Tories to get in and Cameron's first act as PM should be to appoint Ken Clarke as Chancellor.
Whoever gets in,it is going to be a shite time.Huge cuts,substantial tax rises and belt tightening all round.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
How anyone can STILL want Brown and his clapped out cohorts to run this country for another 5 years is quite beyond my comprehension.
I should like the Tories to get in and Cameron's first act as PM should be to appoint Ken Clarke as Chancellor.
Whoever gets in,it is going to be a shite time.Huge cuts,substantial tax rises and belt tightening all round.

Style, style, style. That is what it is all about!! We live in an age where attractiveness is the electorate's first concern. The X-Factor generation. I suppose if I was to vote with how each leader looks, I would vote Clegg first, Cameron second and Brown third.

If I was to vote with policies, experience, conviction and substance in mind, I would vote Brown first and scribble out second and third.

In answer to DerbyGull's question, Is NSC pro-Tory or anti-Labour? History shows that when a new party comes into government it is because the out-going one has become out of favour with the voter.

Look back at '97, Major was lucky to win the '92 election and suffered in the years that followed. '79, Labour had a stinker of a parliament in the years preceding that particular election. The evidence goes on.

So, Labour will lose next Thursday and Cameron will win. I suspect the real David Cameron will be different to the one you saw last night. Expect fox-hunting to be legalised within the first year..

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
on 'This Week' they all say GB came out of tonight's debate Champ.

I also think he was streets ahead and the most honest.

But according to NSC and the tory commisioned 'yougov' Cameron edged it.

Are you mostly Tory or just anti-Labour?

labour troll trying to spin........ brown was shit and came last:US: and I have voted Labour at the last 3 elections...my vote going to the blue team:thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Style, style, style. That is what it is all about!! We live in an age where attractiveness is the electorate's first concern. The X-Factor generation. I suppose if I was to vote with how each leader looks, I would vote Clegg first, Cameron second and Brown third.

If I was to vote with policies, experience, conviction and substance in mind, I would vote Brown first and scribble out second and third.

In answer to DerbyGull's question, Is NSC pro-Tory or anti-Labour? History shows that when a new party comes into government it is because the out-going one has become out of favour with the voter.

Look back at '97, Major was lucky to win the '92 election and suffered in the years that followed. '79, Labour had a stinker of a parliament in the years preceding that particular election. The evidence goes on.

So, Labour will lose next Thursday and Cameron will win. I suspect the real David Cameron will be different to the one you saw last night. Expect fox-hunting to be legalised within the first year..

Mr Everyone,I don't know whether fox hunting will be legalised or not within the first year and I don't really care,but in the overall scheme of things,I think it is pretty much a total irrelevance.There is deep shit to sort out!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mr Everyone,I don't know whether fox hunting will be legalised or not within the first year and I don't really care,but in the overall scheme of things,I think it is pretty much a total irrelevance. There is deep shit to sort out!!!

I don't think I'm taking too much of a wild leap here to suggest you may well be working under a pretty hefty assumption that George Osborne can sort it out.

And before the mantra 'well, they can't do any worse' comes up, do you KNOW that would really be the case?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was calling Dave, Gripper Stebson, by the end of the debate, for the number of times he mentioned getting a grip (with apologies to he of that name on this forum).

I like the long term care policy (pay 8K at 65 and all your long term care costs will be met), but can not find anything else of interest or substance.If this is our future, I really do not understand what people think we will gain from this. Only time will tell.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't think I'm taking too much of a wild leap here to suggest you may well be working under a pretty hefty assumption that George Osborne can sort it out.

And before the mantra 'well, they can't do any worse' comes up, do you KNOW that would really be the case?

Large One,I don't KNOW that the Tories will win the election,I don't KNOW that George Osborne can sort it out,but I do KNOW that I would rather have the Tories in charge of the country trying to sort out the mess left behind by Labour(as always)rather than let the present Government further ruin matters by being voted in for another 5 years.
By the way,I should like to see Ken Clarke as Chancellor and so I suspect would a lot of voters of all political persuasion.
Tally Ho!!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Large One,I don't KNOW that the Tories will win the election,I don't KNOW that George Osborne can sort it out,but I do KNOW that I would rather have the Tories in charge of the country trying to sort out the mess left behind by Labour(as always)rather than let the present Government further ruin matters by being voted in for another 5 years.
By the way,I should like to see Ken Clarke as Chancellor and so I suspect would a lot of voters of all political persuasion.
Tally Ho!!

Ken clarke is the best out of a bad tory bunch. Shame we can't take the best out of all the parties and f*** off all the rest.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I find it staggering that Labour supporters are whining about the polished presentation and performance styles of Clegg or Cameron!

I mean you reap what you sow don't you and the pioneer of this new style of politic was none other than your very own Tony Blair. No one moaned about it in 1997, 2001 or 2005 yet now Labour are lumbered with a buffoon with the natural charisma of a dog turd all of a sudden politics is about form and substance.

Those that live by the sword....................

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I like the long term care policy (pay 8K at 65 and all your long term care costs will be met), but can not find anything else of interest or substance.If this is our future, I really do not understand what people think we will gain from this. Only time will tell.

I don't like that at all, it is a tax on the old...what if I pay my 8k at 65, just in case, then cark it before I need any care...will the money be refunded to my estate? I don't bloody think so, where is the incentive not to spunk all your money on wild women and song before you get to 65 and enter retirement penniless?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
on 'This Week' they all say GB came out of tonight's debate Champ.

I also think he was streets ahead and the most honest.

But according to NSC and the tory commisioned 'yougov' Cameron edged it.

Are you mostly Tory or just anti-Labour?

Well, ignoring your selective sources for who won the debate, I think the political leaning of this board is quite varied, just some are more vocal than others, and as with many topics, some are reluctant to tie their colours to the mast so to speak, because of the attitude of some on here. Not necessarily because they're embarrassed, but because they don't want to (and really, shouldn't have to), justify themselves or their beliefs to other posters.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Brown undoubtedly explained Labour's policies more clearly than Cameron or Clegg explained theirs. And he made a much better fist than they did of telling us what was wrong with his opponents' policies. Cameron and Clegg did no more than tell us that they supported "change".

But policies don't seem to matter. It's all about presentation, apparently.

This.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
NSC a Tory forum?

Not a chance in hell. Its sooo left wing its almost the communist manifesto! Most people on here wont be happy till we have Dear Leader Kim Jong Il running the country.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It does not really matter who you think was best we do not vote for a Prime Minister/President in this country we vote for our local MP and then the party decide who will lead them. Despite all the bollux when Brown took over that is way our system works any one in the party can be votes by the ruling party to be Prime Minister.

So I cannot vote for Brown, Camaron or Clegg just the loca knob.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
People are so unfair on the Labour Party.

They have so many good ideas and policies to bring a brighter future to Britain yet voters seem determined to judge them on their last 13 years of government!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not on my watch. Either Lib Dem or UKIP depending on how I feel about Europe on the day!

Either Lib Dem or UKIP? Blimey Spanish they are strange bedfellows! You may vote left or right - depends on the day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here