Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC a tory forum?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Must admit i'm amazed by the Pro-Cameron stuff on here.

Then again, 99% of people don't seem to think £500 odd quid to go to Withdean is expensive, so perhaps that might explain something about the type of people on here

edit: unfortunately, I still haven't a clue who to vote for.

And I suppose the Guardian is pro-Tory too, is it?

Face facts, you're a Labour supporter, you thought Cameron had a shocker and Brown did quite well. Tories thought the opposite and the truth is somewhere in between but according to most pollsters slightly more towards Cameron. It doesn't fit with your political prejudices, ergo there's bias somewhere.

c'est la vie, mon ami. C'est la vie.

Attachments

• guardian.jpg
    guardian.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 403

Brown undoubtedly explained Labour's policies more clearly than Cameron or Clegg explained theirs. And he made a much better fist than they did of telling us what was wrong with his opponents' policies. Cameron and Clegg did no more than tell us that they supported "change".

But policies don't seem to matter. It's all about presentation, apparently.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Must admit i'm amazed by the Pro-Cameron stuff on here.

Then again, 99% of people don't seem to think £500 odd quid to go to Withdean is expensive, so perhaps that might explain something about the type of people on here

edit: unfortunately, I still haven't a clue who to vote for.

500 quid is nothing well it wasn't untill everyone lost their jobs under labour. Oh and well done for getting a moan about the Albion in

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This board has some f***ing odd views when it comes to risky subjects. The general opinions about the torys is mind boggling to say the least....but then I've seen the state of the half wits that hang to the side of the burger van on match days. Half wits is a genrous phrase as well.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
on 'This Week' they all say GB came out of tonight's debate Champ.

I also think he was streets ahead and the most honest.

But according to NSC and the tory commisioned 'yougov' Cameron edged it.

Are you mostly Tory or just anti-Labour?

This from CNN, which doesn't exactly have a right-wing reputation:

London, England (CNN) -- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown fought to hold on to his job Thursday in a debate against the two men who hope to replace him, David Cameron of the Conservative Party and Nick Clegg of the Liberal Democrats.

But he lost the debate decisively, according to two snap polls.

Cameron came first in both polls, with Clegg second and Brown third.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm surprised by the Guardian's reaction, to be honest. Sun, Telegraph, Mail, they won't give Brown the time of day but here's the Guardian being nice to Cameron. Be careful, for what we might end up with.......

It seems that the snap polls decide the narrative for the next day or so, however, regardless of whether the audience was largely Tory/Labour or whatever, i.e. the audience is likely different to the election at large.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think the 3 parties get a fairly equal amount of support a across the members of this forum, it's just that the Tory posters tend to post their views several times on every thread.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have no intention of voting Labour at the election. Listening to the debate on the radio, however, Brown sounded a lot more substantial than the other leaders. Maybe if this was the radio age, he'd be doing a lot better in these debate polls.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This from CNN, which doesn't exactly have a right-wing reputation:

London, England (CNN) -- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown fought to hold on to his job Thursday in a debate against the two men who hope to replace him, David Cameron of the Conservative Party and Nick Clegg of the Liberal Democrats.

But he lost the debate decisively, according to two snap polls.

Cameron came first in both polls, with Clegg second and Brown third.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't CNN American and therefore automatically über right wing?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on 'This Week' they all say GB came out of tonight's debate Champ.

really? i must have missed the beginning because i thought they were talking about Cameron come in ahead. also BBC news is reporting it as a Cameron win. not decisivly, but ahead of Clegg and Brown in 3rd. again.

i dont think NSC is Tory at all, in fat its quite broadly balanced, left to right, though many on the right are too far so.

I'm surprised by the Guardian's reaction, ... Be careful, for what we might end up with.......

It seems that the snap polls decide the narrative for the next day or so, however, regardless of whether the audience was largely Tory/Labour or whatever, i.e. the audience is likely different to the election at large.

be carefull? it used to be called reporting, where you dont invent the news but relay the events trying to be unbiased. as for the snap polls, they are the best ones as they represent honest opinion of those that watched before they have had opportunity to be told by the media how it went. i think they deliberatly pick floating voters for the audience to try and get unbiased responce.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cameron won it for me. Brown just makes me cringe, even when he's talking about policy. However, some of the popularist bollocks that Cameron was coming out with made me want to throw a plate at the telly.

All that stuff about people who turn down jobs having to give up benefits. FFS, this will NEVER happen. It never happened under the last Tory watch, it hasn't happened under Labour. The reason is that no-one knows HOW to fairly administer it.

Secondly, the Tories are a nightmare when it comes to education. They're going to cut education but insist all our problems will be solved by head masters being able to permanently exclude pupils. Fine, but what happens to those trouble making kids? That's the real problem that needs solving, otherwise they're destined for a life of crime. But as usual, Cameron dodged the difficult ones, in favour of popularist clap trap as if no-one had ever thought about it before.

Welll, yes it does. Sorry about that, but he is PM of this country and is a figure head of the nation abroad. It has always been this way, and it does matter. Whose fault is it that the Labour party elected a bloke who looks uncomfortable in the public eye, shakes his head whenever an opponent says anything (he does it so often, it makes him look like a kid), looks like his smile is always a false one, and who gets outflanked by Cameron and Clegg on almost every issue, despite his party having some excellent policies IMO. He's a joke, and he will lose the election for them.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Ah,the power of the press !

A very few newspaper owners represent their views as the truth and (some) people are duped into believing that if it's in the paper it must be the truth,when in fact the biggest truth you will ever find in a newspaper is your fish and chips.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think people are confusing who they will vote for and who won the debate. I think Brown won the debate last night. I don't see why others don't say so even if they plan to vote for soemone else

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Brown undoubtedly explained Labour's policies more clearly than Cameron or Clegg explained theirs. And he made a much better fist than they did of telling us what was wrong with his opponents' policies. Cameron and Clegg did no more than tell us that they supported "change".

Did he? Brown spent the majority of his time attacking the conservatives rather than setting out what he would do.

The BBC showed a tracker poll thingy that judged peoples opinions and it always went down when they were being negative.

Bring negative seems to be all that Brown has left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here