Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now, listen up you kids - We need bums on seats

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The withdean is a crap hole,doesn't matter whats done to it people won't go there end of.No facilities and no roof end of.:shootself

D

Deleted User X18H

What a load of old shit people come on here proporting to be Brighton and Hove Albion fans but won't go to games at Withdean when at this stage in the clubs history its vital they do, all those above with their excuses are just riding the Brighton gravey train, money where mouths is time I feel, I work bloody hard 50 odd miles away in the city and as a season ticket holder Hardly ever miss a home game even my wife who doesn't particularly like football is season ticket holder and if one of us can't go (usally her) we find someone to take the ticket. CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE NECESSITY FOR A STADIUM COULD AGAIN BE QUESTIONED AT A THIRD PUBLIC ENQUIRY.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
hove born&bred said:
What a load of old shit people come on here proporting to be Brighton and Hove Albion fans but won't go to games at Withdean when at this stage in the clubs history its vital they do, all those above with their excuses are just riding the Brighton gravey train, money where mouths is time I feel, I work bloody hard 50 odd miles away in the city and as a season ticket holder Hardly ever miss a home game even my wife who doesn't particularly like football is season ticket holder and if one of us can't go (usally her) we find someone to take the ticket. CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE NECESSITY FOR A STADIUM COULD AGAIN BE QUESTIONED AT A THIRD PUBLIC ENQUIRY.

Look mate I've had 30 years following this football club so don't be giving it the " gravy train" bollox.

I have spent christ knows how much in the past going to games,now I've realised where my proirities lie and unfortunately for them it's with my family.

If that upsets people like you then I'm afraid that's tough luck.

I am,however, very envious of you as you are such a "Super Fan" and far far more loyal than I can ever wish to be :rolleyes:

There I've said it,does that make you feel better? :tosser:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Wanderer said:
That's pretty much me too, I had a season ticket at Withdean for the first 5 years, then I had kids, now I have 3 kids under 3, and find it hard to do anything for myself.

I will go to the occasional game, but for the first time in my life, I've got more to think about than just myself

Same as myself I had a season ticket up until 2 seasons ago but now have 2 young kids aged 2 and a baby just cant afford to go to many games.Havent been to withdean at all this season just down to the cost.Its hard to justify £25 just for the ticket when theres clothes,nappies setc to buy
Think the starter of this thread has a much more money then some of us.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
hove born&bred said:

f*** off what a twat you are I have pumped f***ing thousands into this club in my lifetime.I work f***ing hard as well but my kids and family come first

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My eldest son summed it up and he has been going to watch Brighton since he was 5 and is now 40.

He can't afford to go to all the matches so he picks and chooses which ones to go to and invariably it is an away game. I have offered to buy him a ticket for Withdean and his answer was 'no thats alright I don't like watching the football there I would rather listen to it on SCR and go to away matches'. I do not understand him but that is his choice so who am I to argue.

D

Deleted User X18H

vulture said:
Same as myself I had a season ticket up until 2 seasons ago but now have 2 young kids aged 2 and a baby just cant afford to go to many games.Havent been to withdean at all this season just down to the cost.Its hard to justify £25 just for the ticket when theres clothes,nappies setc to buy
Think the starter of this thread has a much more money then some of us.
Not at all it worries me that we cannot fill Withdean and the prospect a third public enquiry may again scrutinize our following , to justify a 22,000 seater stadium.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
vulture said:
f*** off what a twat you are I have pumped f***ing thousands into this club in my lifetime.I work f***ing hard as well but my kids and family come first

Well said, I didnt buy a season ticket last year, but I still spent just as much on/with the Albion as I always do, if not more.

There are many ways to support your club, going to games for everyone is not always a viable option, I actually enjoy the variety of not going every week and the actual game more than I did when I felt compelled not to miss a game, doesnt make me any less of a fan tho.

E

enigma

Rougvie said:
Well said, I didnt buy a season ticket last year, but I still spent just as much on/with the Albion as I always do, if not more.

There are many ways to support your club, going to games for everyone is not always a viable option, I actually enjoy the variety of not going every week and the actual game more than I did when I felt compelled not to miss a game, doesnt make me any less of a fan tho.

I agree with this. One thing I would say is that while I understand people think Withers is shit and would rather have away days, surely it would be more beneficial to spend that money on the club by going to Withers anyway? Just a question, like.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
enigma said:
I agree with this. One thing I would say is that while I understand people think Withers is shit and would rather have away days, surely it would be more beneficial to spend that money on the club by going to Withers anyway? Just a question, like.

Personally I prefer to go to Withers when I know a good lot of my mates will be in attendance, sadly that is not even every second game there now.

E

enigma

Rougvie said:
Personally I prefer to go to Withers when I know a good lot of my mates will be in attendance, sadly that is not even every second game there now.

Same, unfortunately for me that has become more difficult as Im strapped for cash and living in London now, so Im ashamed to say I havent been once this season.

The Withers is shit, everyone knows it, but I would rather put money in the clubs coffers where possible.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hove born&bred said:
CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE NECESSITY FOR A STADIUM COULD AGAIN BE QUESTIONED AT A THIRD PUBLIC ENQUIRY.

sorry am I missing something? what 3rd enquiry? The Judicial review is the review into the legal process taken to approve the stadium.

Whatcha getting at bud?

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Dies Irae said:
sorry am I missing something? what 3rd enquiry? The Judicial review is the review into the legal process taken to approve the stadium.

Whatcha getting at bud?

I agree, this was all argued out at the two public enquiries for our need for 20k plus capacity so there would be no point in any Minister reopeni9ng the PE on this point.

Also the likelyhood of JP or any other Labour minister overturning the decision is very remote, the only problem I could see if we had a change of Government and an incoming Tory (or God forbid Liberal) DPM would review the decision and possibly reverse it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
hove born&bred said:
Not at all it worries me that we cannot fill Withdean and the prospect a third public enquiry may again scrutinize our following , to justify a 22,000 seater stadium.

Why cant we fill withdean - Dont shout at us shout at Archer, Bellotti, Standley, LDC, Norman Baker, Falmer PC.

The club have missed out on a whole generation of fans through the tossers above that is why we cant fill withdean and until we start playing at Falmer we will not re-find that lost generation

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Jolly Well Done Frag Bag

I was almost an ever present in the old North Stand for the last 8 years, I went to a large number of away games plus attended the Pissfilled on many occasions. I attended that hereford away matc, I had a season ticket for the first years at Withdean, then out of nowhere in 2003 I had twins, money was really tight as my wife had to give up work, I have the certificate for getting the Falmer seat with my name on it, now I have another 10week old baby, and it's getting harder, not easier.

I will ALWAYS be a Brighton Supporter, NO MATTER WHAT, I get depressed and upset when Brighton lose (much to the annoyance of my wife) the fact that I find it difficult sometimes to get to Withdean, doesn't make me any less of a supporter

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Right then..............

I recon since 1975, I missed about 8 games at the Goldstone, I missed 2 games only at Gillingham and have missed about 5 games at Withdean - none of the misses were by choice apart from this Saturday against Watford - and the others were holidays at the beginning of the seasons and cricket hanging over to the footy season

Does that make me an UberFan or someone with more money than brains?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here