Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now, listen up you kids - We need bums on seats

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dies Irae said:
Right then..............

I recon since 1975, I missed about 8 games at the Goldstone, I missed 2 games only at Gillingham and have missed about 5 games at Withdean - none of the misses were by choice apart from this Saturday against Watford - and the others were holidays at the beginning of the seasons and cricket hanging over to the footy season

Does that make me an UberFan or someone with more money than brains?

Interesting, and pretty amazing and wonderful, but you miss the point.

We are debating the relative merits of attending withdean to give the nimbys one less excuse to extend the falmer process. I am simply pointing out that circumstances do sometimes prevent attendance, and that failure to attend doesn't make you any less of a supporter

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Dies Irae said:
Right then..............

Does that make me an UberFan or someone with more money than brains?

No, to be an Uberfan you go to all home and away games, you spend almost every living moment on various football message boards, you are definitely in the know (taps nose), you do stuff for the club and you make sure that everyone knows about it and you never ever say anything against the club or it's players until they leave or show dissent and then they were always of dodgy temperment, especially if they are black. Oh and you can always remember the one game that proves the exception rather than the rule.

Not sure you're there yet dave :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wanderer said:
Interesting, and pretty amazing and wonderful, but you miss the point.

We are debating the relative merits of attending withdean to give the nimbys one less excuse to extend the falmer process. I am simply pointing out that circumstances do sometimes prevent attendance, and that failure to attend doesn't make you any less of a supporter

the above was "tongue in cheek"

But I totally agree with your sentiments

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
munster monch said:
No, to be an Uberfan you go to all home and away games, you spend almost every living moment on various football message boards, you are definitely in the know (taps nose), you do stuff for the club and you make sure that everyone knows about it and you never ever say anything against the club or it's players until they leave or show dissent and then they were always of dodgy temperment, especially if they are black. Oh and you can always remember the one game that proves the exception rather than the rule.

Not sure you're there yet dave :lolol:

definitly not then....:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
As i've said many times before modern Sussex especially Brighton and Hove these days is not a football area unlike the north east or manchester , Liverpool , London or to a lesser extent Portsmouth.

I've heard all the tripe spouted about how many moons ago we would get 30k at the Goldstone.

The area is full of to many out of town, no roots in the area wah wah spiv brigade. a bunch of city boys and girls moving to the coast are not going to support the Albion and thats the problem in general. it will get worse as the years go by and the lack of true brightonians living in brighton decreases but don't expect this to change even if we made the premiership kids would only start going to see the likes of Man Utd Liverpool etc.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So GG are you saying that we'll never again get such a high attendance as we used to, even if we had a bigger ground?

I don't agree with that. It's all about consistency, in order to get high attendances, you need a ground large enough to handle it (of course) but you need to attract the younger generations - trying to convince youngsters to attend a crubling Goldstone, or at the 150mile roundtrip that was the Priestfield, or the crappy Withdean, once we have Falmer, and once we can again feel proud to call somewhere home, then slowly but surely attendance will rise as it becomes easier for dads to convince sons to come along, and the opportunists are more likely to turn up and get hooked, and as the sons start attending, so do some of there mates, then when they have kids, they are more likely to bring them along.

It's a fact, when I was at School in Brighton, most of my mates wouldnt be seen dead in a Brighton shirt just because they were to embarrased to be associated with them, but time is a great healer, the first thing we need is Falmer, the rest will follow, in time

D

Deleted User X18H

fozzie's headband said:
HoveBorn&Bred - there cannot and will not be a third public inquiry
you sure we were told as Prescott ordered a second inquiry there could be no judicial rewiew.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
so when is this goddam juducial review supposed to take place?

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Wanderer said:
so when is this goddam juducial review supposed to take place?

Not yet confirmed !

My worry is this may drag on all year, there first has to be a court appearance from all 3 parties where the "skeleton" legal positions will be heard, the Judge will then decide based on this information whether there is a case for a JD, if he does then there will be another Court appearance for the actual hearing.

As yet no date has been agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here