Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now Labour score own goal with poster...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The I'm alright JAck attitude that got the country into bother that Labour have mostly sorted out

Have they really ?? Dire recession, illegal wars and dodgy ID schemes hardly smacks of "mostly sorting it out". Add inheriting a strong economy and destroying it, not saving during the boom years, selling our gold reserves at rock bottom prices and raiding private pension schemes it shows what a bunch of fuckwits Labour really are.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The I'm alright JAck attitude that got the country into bother that Labour have mostly sorted out

You're probably right, but when you're young and this kind of lifestyle is offered to you, I'm not sure how many would turn it down.

Advertising is one of those industries though. It lurches from being all jollies - to working 18 hour days, 7 days a week - to mass redundancies. It just so happens that the eighties were the good times.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Have they really ?? Dire recession, illegal wars and dodgy ID schemes hardly smacks of "mostly sorting it out". Add inheriting a strong economy and destroying it, not saving during the boom years, selling our gold reserves at rock bottom prices and raiding private pension schemes it shows what a bunch of fuckwits Labour really are.

Personally I dont think they have done that well!

The Labour ad is bizarre when they are taking us back to the 70s.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Brilliant so rather than publicising concrete policies they launch posters about the Tory leader, and they wonder why people don't vote. (Tories are as bad)

So, is this your first election then, ie the first one you can vote in? Billboards are not for detailing your policies, just for slogans etc, just as all sides will use them.

Get used to them because there will be plenty more.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009

Too right, at least with Maggie we had lots of little recessions rather than one big one, the Falklands, Poll Tax, Hillsboro and pissing away the national assets via privatisation to pay for record unemployment.

They're just as bad as each other.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Too right, at least with Maggie we had lots of little recessions rather than one big one, the Falklands, Poll Tax, Hillsboro and pissing away the national assets via privatisation to pay for record unemployment.

Very good - I suggest you go back to your moderating persona :p

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

This. Its my first vote but to be honest I'm completely at a loss. Labour started well, turned things round, then went arse over tit about everything for the second term and have royally f***ed everything for me. Having come out of uni a year ago I now have no hope of a job and everything cost twice as much as when I started.

But I'm still old enough to remember Tory government and anyone pretending they'd "save" Britain is kidding themselves, they're just as corrupt, detached and clueless as the current lot. Cameron's a chum-faced smug post twat who I wouldn't trust to walk my dog, and Brown's a clueless idiot who in my opinion comes in for some ridiculous criticism, it seems since the recession happened on his watch, everything he does has to be villified in the press regardless, but nonetheless he still f***ed up and proved he's not fit to run the country.

The Lib Dems have some good policies but f*** all spine and frankly its a wasted vote...so where to go? This is just how Hitler got in, distrust of the existing system and no viable alternative, I wouldn't be surprised to see a big rise in BNP vote come May. I can't be bothered with the to-ing and fro-ing, get the election over with, get the hung parliament and let chaos rein for the next five years while everything I put fuckloads of work into to get through the education system with good grades (because I was promised I'd get a good job that lo and behold doesn't exist now), continue to be bent over and forcibly penetrated ad nauseam ad infintum. f*** the lot of 'em.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

So the Tories are as bad as Labour because Thatcher was responsible fo Hillsboro eh?
Blimey, now I've read it all!:facepalm:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

Ahh, but Dean Wilkins played pretty much all his career under Maggie, so it can't be all bad!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So, is this your first election then, ie the first one you can vote in? Billboards are not for detailing your policies, just for slogans etc, just as all sides will use them.

Get used to them because there will be plenty more.

Erm not quite.

The billboards are very American where you vote for a president, over here you vote for a party and the policies not a 'personality' or that is the way it is meant to be. All I was trying to say was that there is a lot of moaning about the number of people that vote but when posters like that come out can they really blame the ones that don't.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Erm not quite.

The billboards are very American where you vote for a president, over here you vote for a party and the policies not a 'personality' or that is the way it is meant to be. All I was trying to say was that there is a lot of moaning about the number of people that vote but when posters like that come out can they really blame the ones that don't.

Not strictly true. In the British system, formally, you are 'meant' to vote for a candidate who you think will best represent the views of the voters in the constituency.

The development of modern parliamentary parties (and the whip system) has considerably muddied the waters as MPs often vote along party lines rather than what their constituents want. But this came afterwards and arguably is different from the original idea.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I can't believe people are annoyed that Labour are attacking an opposition leader instead of advertising concrete policies. Attacking opposition leaders is, quite literally the ONLY thing the Tories do.

The country isn't in a great way at the moment, but if the conservatives come to power I'll be getting a one way ticket out of the UK. People seem to forget how bad the last Tory government was, and how things were before the GLOBAL recession hit (incidentally trigerred by a US housing market collapse).

We're a global centre for finance, so we were obviously going to be hit harder than anywhere else. Anybody that seriously thinks the Tories would have been better prepared for this, or would have dealt with it better, are kidding themselves.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
labourposter.jpg

This poster wont be displayed in Grimsby as it will confuse the locals. :laugh:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cameron looks f***ing ace in that poster. He must be absolutely over the Moon !. Thanks Labour :thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I can't believe posters like o lads are still trying to kid us with the myth that labour are unpopular because of the recession, factors like crime,immigration,education,nhs superbugs,gordons disastrous tax raid on pensions, selling our gold reserves at the absolute arse end of the market AGAINST bank of england advice,the iraq war, the unprecedented expansion of non jobs in the public sector, the.disaster that is the human rights act have more than enough impact on their popularity or lack of it

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here