Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now, I am not going to have a pop at the ticket office. But this duplicate ticket....

D

Deleted User X18H

.....£20 fee is ridiculous really. It seems to be enforced irrespective of status of season ticket holder length, loyalty etc.

In short I like most of you with a paper season ticket, tore off the Colchester segment to get to the Notts County ticket etc.

Now I have hunted high and low for the Colchester ticket but can't find it. So went to the ticket office this morning in full knowledge of this charge but thinking my 'status' would not require to pay a fee.

But the girl , helpful as ever , advised me the charge was applicable to all, with no exceptions,'the care and upkeep of your season ticket (Ken Brown training) is your responsibilty sir, if you don't have a ticket you cannot get in, even on the basis you paid £420 in June for 23 league games for one specific seat.

Only a score maybe, but as my Albion budget is fairly significant in the coming year I don't plan to increase it.

Excellent service as eve,r but this ruling however reported previously is not right , surely.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
can you claim the £20 back if no-one else tries to sit in your seat on the night?

D

Deleted User X18H

:lol: No, because if Tim has sold it to someone else they will just pick a spare seat to sit in!

As I asked the girl what if its a sell out and no other tickets could be issued? TBH honest she just shrugged at this question. But I just left as she was a nice kid doing her best with a large queue.

D

Deleted User X18H

Now think Timmy, where did you last put it ?

If I new that I wouldn't havew dragged an inquistive 3 year old and his sister down Queens Road this morning. Whilst in the queue he did wriggle out of the Phil and Teds and came back and presented me with 1 postcard of Chris Holroyd , several of Gully and 2 marked '20p' of Andrew Whing and said 'funny man Daddy' . I have no idea which one he was refering to though!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice but dim Tim strikes again, now where did I put it ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Dog ate my homework Mr Barry. :facepalm:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you have a £20 note and you lose it, there aint no- one going to replace it for you, why should losing your match ticket be any different?

D

Deleted User X18H

If you have a £20 note and you lose it, there aint no- one going to replace it for you, why should losing your match ticket be any different?

They would if you could prove that the £20 note was issued to you and you alone and exclusively to you and couldn't be used by anyone else except you.

Anyway that aside I went back to the club shop this morning went through the entire scenario again except I told the girl I was a 1901 member. She immediately dropped on to floor at my feet sobbing and an alarm went off and Ken Brown appeared from a set of hidden wooden stairs and begged for forgiveness slapped the poor girl and told her she'd never work in part-time sports retail again.

He then offered me anything I wanted from the shop, bizarrely, except the 20p Andrew Whing postcards as these are wanted by Donatello for the 'dinner' he added.

He then offered me a Jacuzzi with a Gully's Girl and Jimmy Mcnulty! Which I politely declined.......at that point I awoke and soon after looked in a file of papers I using in early December and found my Colchester ticket. Panic over.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its not the club/ticket office you should moan about its the cheats who seek to gain entry to games for nothing or the adults getting in on child tickets etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So went to the ticket office this morning in full knowledge of this charge but thinking my 'status' would not require to pay a fee.

I'm confused.

What special status do you have which entitles you to to be exempt from the clubs rules ? And how could I go about getting it ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
.....£20 fee is ridiculous really. It seems to be enforced irrespective of status of season ticket holder length, loyalty etc.

In short I like most of you with a paper season ticket, tore off the Colchester segment to get to the Notts County ticket etc.

Now I have hunted high and low for the Colchester ticket but can't find it. So went to the ticket office this morning in full knowledge of this charge but thinking my 'status' would not require to pay a fee.

But the girl , helpful as ever , advised me the charge was applicable to all, with no exceptions,'the care and upkeep of your season ticket (Ken Brown training) is your responsibilty sir, if you don't have a ticket you cannot get in, even on the basis you paid £420 in June for 23 league games for one specific seat.

Only a score maybe, but as my Albion budget is fairly significant in the coming year I don't plan to increase it.

Excellent service as eve,r but this ruling however reported previously is not right , surely.

Seems a reasonable rule to me AND reasonable that the same rule applies to all. How do the club know that you haven't given or sold the "lost" ticket to someone else ?

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
It is so often the case that you always find something in the last place you`d think of looking.

So think of the last place you would think of looking and go straight there and the chances are your ticket will be there.
Although that then makes the place that was the last place you`d look the first place you actually looked and so that might change things.
Hope this helped.:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't worry Tim, think of it as a c unt tax.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Interestingly, there does seem to be a situation where the £20 is not charged. My mate lives out of town and booked on-line for the Notts County game, but his ticket never arrived in the post, so on the day of the game I went to the ticket office on his behalf to claim a duplicate, and was given one without any further charge. Obviously this is only fair, as the ticket will never turn up so you could never get the £20 refunded later, but this is still open to the same potential abuse as a lost season ticket.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Have you considered looking after your possessions?

I fairness to Timmy, it can't be easy when he is spending so much time clearing the pavements of cyclists and writing articles for the Argus, and then of course he has to count all his money on a regular basis...............It's tough at the top for Timmy!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here