Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now can we start singing from the same Hymn sheet ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That's not a hymnpunish:

Morning has broken is a Hymn. It is in the new Methodist Church Hymn Book "Singing the Faith", was in the previous one, and was written by someone called Eleanor Farjeon (1881 - 1965)

PS - and where is the picture of him holding an Albion Shirt? He can't even be bothered to shave, either. Obviously no commitment......

Only joking. Sounds like a flair manager AND a decent bloke.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Under Poyet it never felt as though we were all pulling in the same direction, there were many anti & pro Gus fans for various reasons, the majority of the withdean era loved him for the Division one title and after enduring years of mostly dross at Withdean this was sexy football at its best(Murray,Bennett,Barnes, Bridcutt etc) that last season at Withdean was a belter.
But then the move to the Amex where after the honeymoon of the first few months was over, a little backlash started after an awful run of results and maybe a few fans new to his slow passing game starting from the back and if we've got the ball the other team can't score ideas became impatient and critical of his style, which I think lasted throughout the rest of his time at the Albion. The other reasons for fans dislike of Poyet were the comments he made defending Saurez and the constant touting himself for other jobs, but all in all I never felt since we've been at The Amex as a club the fans have all been singing from the same hymn sheet.

So now with the arrival of OSCAR GARCIA JUNYENT THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR I feel we can finally all move forward together to the promised land united as one, newer fans and older fans all at the start of a new chapter on the good ship BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC :bhasign:

Oscar's comment's yesterday include to keep the ball and to have the ball as many times as possible. If we have the ball we will have many chances to score and win the game. That’s my philosophy. If you play good football you will have more chances to win than if you play bad.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oscar's comment's yesterday include to keep the ball and to have the ball as many times as possible. If we have the ball we will have many chances to score and win the game. That’s my philosophy. If you play good football you will have more chances to win than if you play bad.”

Very, very encouraging.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Eh? That's what we've been doing and yet all the Gus detractors have said we are 'negative' 'tippy-tappy' 'no plan b'. What's he said that makes you think we are going to play any different to how we have been playing?

The impression I get is that it will be 'Tippy Tappy' Plus, with higher tempo and more drive.

I don't want to argue with you again. It's just my opinion.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

I love his other comment as well " I have an obsession with attacking football":drool:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Morning has broken is a Hymn. It is in the new Methodist Church Hymn Book "Singing the Faith", was in the previous one, and was written by someone called Eleanor Farjeon (1881 - 1965)

PS - and where is the picture of him holding an Albion Shirt? He can't even be bothered to shave, either. Obviously no commitment......

Only joking. Sounds like a flair manager AND a decent bloke.

I didn't know that I just thought it was a Cat Stevens song:facepalm:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Eh? That's what we've been doing and yet all the Gus detractors have said we are 'negative' 'tippy-tappy' 'no plan b'. What's he said that makes you think we are going to play any different to how we have been playing?

Come on. I love Gus but even I would not say he had an obsession with attacking football. Gus was about possession, control the ball, and control the pace of the game. Keep it tight at the back, be patient and your quality attacking players will get and take their chance.

Oscar may prove to be no different - but what he says suggests a more attacking intent.

braveheart

Jul 26, 2004
In my view gus gave me the best years as a Brighton fan since the glory glory years on the late 70's and for that I thank him. Now we have a new leader and so we need to back him and the chairman's judgement, by coming together and supporting the club like all good fans do.

I'm most pleased by the fact that this appointment seems to suggest that the Brighton way of playing ( i.e possession football) is now held deep within the club and wasn't just something we did while gus was manager that was dropped the minute he left as we chose a manager based on reputation (i.e. a warnock long ball, limited tactical nous, but good motivator type) rather than deciding on manager that shares a specific philosophy about brighton's style of play.

Let's talk football not club politics.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hopefully he will build on the style Gus put in place, and add some Barca-style high pressing in their third when we don't have the ball. That's what it sounds like he wants to do anyhow.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
he surely wont defend as deep as gus did in many games.....ive seen under 13s push up more than brighton in the past few seasons when under pressure.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
he surely wont defend as deep as gus did in many games.....ive seen under 13s push up more than brighton in the past few seasons when under pressure.

Forest away last year springs to mind after we took the lead I've never seen a centre half run from his own penalty box to ours without anyone closing him down in all my years watching football, if our defence had gone any deeper they would have all slipped into the River Trent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here