Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now can we start singing from the same Hymn sheet ?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I would put a toe in the anti-poyet camp. I loved his style of play and it worked extremely well for us but we were too predictable and teams coming in for a point just had to park the bus and wait 90 mins and along came the point. Gus took us a long way but hadn't the skill to take us any further, in the end he just wanted to throw money at the problem rather than develop.

If Oscar comes in and charges the style just enough that we show ourselves to be adaptable (and have a plan B) then he gets my undying love. If its just another one dimensional style then I will wish him on his way at the end of his contract or sooner if it becomes clear he's in a rut when the club still want to go further.

We are an ongoing project and I never expected the same man to take us all the way to the end.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The bickering as already started:facepalm:

Come on chaps lets start at the top of the page, once again from the top
"And did those feet in ancient times..... "

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
But what happens if we don't shaft Leeds on opening day? :eek:

You can only pass judgement on Garcia at the end of the season, but of course as with all clubs if we are near the bottom come xmas then the flak will start to fly. Football fans are very unforgiving at the end of the day.

The bickering as already started:facepalm:

Come on chaps lets start at the top of the page, once again from the top
"And did those feet in ancient times..... "
RUBBISH!

CAN'T WE START WITH Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word???

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I would put a toe in the anti-poyet camp. I loved his style of play and it worked extremely well for us but we were too predictable and teams coming in for a point just had to park the bus and wait 90 mins and along came the point. Gus took us a long way but hadn't the skill to take us any further, in the end he just wanted to throw money at the problem rather than develop.

If Oscar comes in and charges the style just enough that we show ourselves to be adaptable (and have a plan B) then he gets my undying love. If its just another one dimensional style then I will wish him on his way at the end of his contract or sooner if it becomes clear he's in a rut when the club still want to go further.

We are an ongoing project and I never expected the same man to take us all the way to the end.

Yes..pretty much agree with most of that.
It is clear we are following a similar path to Swansea. Put the blueprint in place, set the ball rolling and keep heading in the same direction. Choose managers who are comfortable with the same style of play and hopefully replace them with even more talented individuals who can keep taking you a step forward.
Poyet is charming and charasmatic but too inflexible and cautious. TB is obviously confident that OGJ can take us that step further.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011

i disagree that he couldn't take us further, i don't think you can make that conclusion without another season as we were progressing. when we first came up we lost too many and so we went more defensive, this last season we turned those losses into draws and came close and i'd have liked to see another season to see where we'd have gone as it takes time to adapt a team properly to each division however the platform is built for Oscar to come in and carry on that work. I hope there isn't too much disruption and i don't think the style will change drastically which is important for the continuity

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I wonder if something similar will happen here? Of course most will be reluctant to admit disliking the new guy before he has had a chance to show what he can do, and will outwardly support him, but when things aren't going great, will the people who support gus be the first to turn on him, rather than the anti-gus section?

It depends if he plays Barnes......

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I will judge on what i see not in what i'm told,ONLY TOOK 3 MONTHS TO WORK OUT POYET:tosser: JUST WANT A GENUINE GUY WITH A TAD OF LOYALTY,A LUCKY MANAGER IS A BONUS:thumbsup:

What was it that you 'worked out' about him 6 months before he stormed League 1 in the most style it's ever been done in?

Why am I even bothering? Just look at that post. It makes my brain hurt.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm 100% behind Oscar and hope hes here for years to come BUT if people think the Gus saga is done and dusted think again. Dick Knight's comments further fuel the fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here