Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] November internationals

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder how the opposition players feel about it.

I did hold the view that all nations play regardless. But being 6-0 before you have even tired is no fun.

It'll either get silly in the second half or England will just pass it around and make it dull.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've turned over to Channel 4, Dispatches - Did Brexit Work for Business? We're losing in that one.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
6-0 by half-time tonight. 5-0 up by half-time on Friday. An utterly futile endeavour that does nothing for San Marino, nothing for England and when you get scorelines after 40 minutes like under 9's matches, nothing for the integrity of the tournament either.

I wouldn't include Albania in the minnows. Not long ago they qualified. Friday was a good England showing. Albania stood an outside chance of making it through.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Is it just me that only learned a few years ago that San Marino is a totally landlocked state, surrounded entirely by Italy. I’d always assumed it was either an island like Corsica or at least coastal like Monaco or Gibraltar, but no - just a tiny chunk of land in northern Italy.

View attachment 142179

How peculiar.

P.S. I’ve also just learned I can’t spell “peculiar”…

Actually been there back in the 80's

Just remember going up in a cable cart

And of course,there used to be the San Marino GP,held at near by Imola,been there too

Bologna not far

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
England vs San Marino is like Albion vs the Ferring Foxes :shrug:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
England vs San Marino is like Albion vs the Ferring Foxes :shrug:

Speaking of Foxes, 6-0 down at half-time, San Marino are currently deemed by Sky Bet’s odds to be 10x more likely to win tonight’s match than Leicester were to win the league in 15/16.

Worth a quid?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Speaking of Foxes, 6-0 down at half-time, San Marino are currently deemed by Sky Bet’s odds to be 10x more likely to win tonight’s match than Leicester were to win the league in 15/16.

Worth a quid?

Nah, the flat track bully is in his element :lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I like to see Brighton thrashing any team. This is no different. We all complain of of boring 0-0 draws, or if we lose 3-0 :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
San Marino dressing room grief.

Any idea what the final result was.

If they turned it around, I'm tempted to try this approach with our teenage daughters.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I like to see Brighton thrashing any team. This is no different. We all complain of of boring 0-0 draws, or if we lose 3-0 :shrug:

The only time I've let out any noise tonight was when I yelled 'Go On' when the San Marino chap was almost through. I'd love them to get a couple.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I put (the kronor equivalent) of £10 on 0-7 0-8, 0-9 and 0-10. Any of those results would give me a nice little profit.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The Northern Ireland v Italy game is the most interesting. With Switzerland winning, Italy need a goal or else playoffs. It could be a tense last 20 minutes

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I put (the kronor equivalent) of £10 on 0-7 0-8, 0-9 and 0-10. Any of those results would give me a nice little profit.

20 minutes to go and now even Mings is on the score sheet. Down to 10 men too. Think you've probably lost :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here