Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts Police repeatedly punch postrated tasered man

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He was resisting, didnt see anything wrong there, what about you BOF..???

We are going to get nowhere if you want to compare using the taser and dead arm technique to placate a criminal with attempted murder.

For the record, I was anti-gendarme in the recent case during the bankers riots, so I am not sitting on the blue side of the fence for every case.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well I've just watched it again and the Police Office with the gun, asks the other three officers to let the man go as he fires the weapon. The last time he zaps him.

No problem with them "roughing him up", just the use of that gun when it appears they have the situation under control. Seems extreme to me.

Watch it again, he sends the other officers away.

That's all I got the problem with, the use of these guns. Surely they should be the last resort, they're not exactly a 9v battery.

Now I am not overly sure about my feelings with the use of the taser, but could it be deemed as a last resort in this case? They have a large crowd gathering round. The guy is resisting arrest and the situation could turn exceedingly nasty. All in all, this could have been avoided if the guy had given himself up.

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
Not being funny but the guy was clearly resisting arrest and from what has been said had to potential to become violent so take him down asap i say.

I bet the crowd that gathered didn't think it looked much fun being arrested so some of them may think twice about resisting arrest.

Obviously i have never been tazered but to the same extent i have never pu myself in a position where the police have needed to tazar me or for that matter forcfully arrest me.

He brought it onhimself and deserved what he got is the general point im making

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not being funny but the guy was clearly resisting arrest and from what has been said had to potential to become violent so take him down asap i say.

I bet the crowd that gathered didn't think it looked much fun being arrested so some of them may think twice about resisting arrest.

Obviously i have never been tazered but to the same extent i have never put myself in a position where the police have needed to tazar me or for that matter forcfully arrest me.

He brought it onhimself and deserved what he got is the general point im making

I'm sure he deserves everything coming to him, to be honest they has been a few dickheads in the high street I'd like to "Taser".

But in all seriousness, I'd just a little bit concerned with the officer asking the other three to let go of him, so he could had another go.

I'd be very surprised if that's the way they are supposed to be used.

I'll admit to always taking a keen eye on these things, because I'm seen something get a roughing up when they were entirely innocent (and I'm not talking about the incident above). For the record they received an apology and it was left at that.

I just not convinced that the way to deal with violence, is with (what appears to be) violence. I tend to change my views when the person in question is armed with a weapon, but not necesarly a vegan sausage roll as was probably the case in the G20 riots.

Call me a bleeding heart liberal if you like, I really couldn't care less. I just less than entirely happy with the way in which this country has sleeped walked into a situation where the Police use stun guns and tourists get searched in Leceister Square for daring to take photographs. Funnily enough, there are some very prominent members of the Conservative party who agree.

Last edited:

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Is he hitting him in the face or trying to give him a dead arm?

I have viewed it a third time and concede that it is not at all clear the punches landed on his head. I would have amended the thread title if this were possible.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm sure he deserves everything coming to him, to be honest they has been a few dickheads in the high street I'd like to "Taser".

But in all seriousness, I'd just a little bit concerned with the officer asking the other three to let go of him, so he could had another go.

I'll admit to always taking a keen eye on these things, because I'm seen something get a roughing up when they were entirely innocent (and I'm not talking about the incident above). For the record they received an apology and it was left at that.

I just not convinced that the way to deal with violence, is with (what appears to be) violence. I tend to change my views when the person in question is armed with a weapon, but not necesarly a vegan sausage roll as was probably the case in the G20 riots.

Call me a bleeding heart liberal if you like, I really couldn't care less. I just less than entirely happy with the way in which this country has sleeped walked into a situation where the Police use stun guns and tourists get searched in Leceister Square for daring to take photographs. Funnily enough, there are some very prominent members of the Conservative party who agree.

I am afraid I am going to call you a bleeding heart liberal. It is clear, despite the first bolt from the taser that he continues to resist having the cuffs put on him hence the second charge. It goes without saying the other officers have to stand clear to avoid the charge themselves.

As for G20, I don't recall the minority mob breaking into the RBS bank using a vegan sausage roll, unless it had been frozen before hand and stuck on the end of a long handle!!!!

As for you're not fighting violence with violence, ask Ben Kinsella. He ran away. It's the Police's job to get violent scum of the streets to make it safe for everyone else. As for your anecdote, the victim was lucky, there are numerous reported cases of one blow killing someone. Also, look at the innocent bystander who got killed in the supermarket by a thug called in by his girlfriend. An apology doesn't make him feel any better!!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
very heavy handed, had 4 on him and the c*nt starts punching him in the face after being tazered twice!!!

i do not know what he did, but whatever it was he was down and not resisting but looked more like he was fitting??

sure our local NSC bobbies will be on here defending the actions of the plod

No I can't be arsed but one thing is guaranteed, you on here slagging us off. :lolol:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Fair enough to me. If you do something that makes the police feel the need to arrest arrest you, it's a bit like with a football referee, they're not gonna change their mind and especially not if you're violent about it.

Yes there are obviously instances of the old bill going being violent with non violent people but in this instance, they guy was clearly in the mood for hurting people and the only way to stop him is to hurt him first. The fact the stupid twat got tasered 3 times is precisely because he was a stupid twat and carried on resisting arrest.

A friend of mine who works for Surrey Police went to disturbance last week where she and a colleage had to try and arrest a bloke who was 6'5" about just as wide who was threatening to kill his wife. They had to call for backup and even 6 of them couldn't get this bloke into the back of the van, it's was only when the trained Taser officers turned up he gave up before they deployed it.

Turns out he's out on licence with a history or violence including assaulting Police. Cocks who resist arrest get exactly what they deserve, why should the police risk getting punched, licked or headbutted just in order to arrest someone

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I don't know but I'd be very surprised if that "wasn't" how they are supposed to be used. It looks like perfectly sensible for the other officers to stand back, if there is a need to Tazer him again - just like nurses and doctors stand back when they use the defib paddles. a) if removed ths possiblity of the other officers being hit directly and b) presumably it stops the current being transferred to a 3rd party.

I'm not defending the action though, at first look it seems OTT but if he was resisting, then maybe it wasn't. As people have said, if you don't put yourself into that sort of situation then you won't get stung - literally !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The bloke was resisting arrest , OB knew he had assaulted 2 people , one an officer. Neccessary force was used , luckily for the coppers he wasn't black or asian so they wont lose their jobs for being racist.

Collar Feeler

Jul 26, 2003
What attack 30 seconds in? He's whacking the top of his arm and shoulder (two recognised pressure point areas that cause sudden pain and invoke compliance) in order to get the guy to stop resisting. Contrary to some opinions, there are no set rules about what you can or can't do when nicking someone. It all comes down to whether or not you can state your actions were justifiable and reasonable in the circumstances. If you can justify a kick in the goolies or a punch in the face in order to arrest a violent criminal then so be it. They aren't the most preferred options obviously but if all else is failing then a kick, punch or even a headbutt could be considered justifiable and reasonable in the circumstances.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What i dislike about this video is not the fact he was punched (clearly in the arm) or the fact he was tazered, athough it was clearly unneccessary, what i dislike is i cant see in that video where he is warned that he will be tazered, you hear armed police shouting armed police when they are using weapons but it seems they can just tazer you whenever they see fit without giving you the opportunity to comply, its a case of action then questions, if i know im about to be tazered im not personally likely to carry on struggling but if someone is going to tazer me out the blue how do i know to stop struggling, is there a policy on this? I expect he was warned earlier but i feel there should be a warning everytime it is used. Disagree?

Collar Feeler

Jul 26, 2003
What i dislike about this video is not the fact he was punched (clearly in the arm) or the fact he was tazered, athough it was clearly unneccessary, what i dislike is i cant see in that video where he is warned that he will be tazered, you hear armed police shouting armed police when they are using weapons but it seems they can just tazer you whenever they see fit without giving you the opportunity to comply, its a case of action then questions, if i know im about to be tazered im not personally likely to carry on struggling but if someone is going to tazer me out the blue how do i know to stop struggling, is there a policy on this? I expect he was warned earlier but i feel there should be a warning everytime it is used. Disagree?

I see your point, there doesn't have to be a warning at all if the officer feels it won't be heeded or the person is incapable of understanding. If he's already been warned then that would suffice and practically speaking with everything else going on around you and a crowd forming that you are going to have to worry about the fact you haven't given a warning is no big deal. I mean really its a moot point, is a warning going to have the slightest impact on someone who has already assaulted 2 people, displayed a level of violent resisting to police and shows no signs of complying. Yes shout a warning if you can, its practical to do so and/or you think it is going to work but its no great shakes if you don't. The trouble is that as police if we are met with active violent resistance then we will match that with at least as much force as is necessary to force the person to comply, it isn't pretty, it involves unpleasant unsavoury holds, strikes and sometimes punches and kicking and whatever it takes. That is how we get the job done and generally stop the rest of you perhaps getting a punch in the mush from these people. I'm not saying we don't ever get it wrong because we do and those officers need to account for when they do get it wrong or overreact but we are not in the business of cuddling offenders and tickling them into submission.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
did i hear the radi news item right? soundd like tazer fired BEFORE warning shouted out..

seemed the cops were panicking, and the thumping was OTT- why no just sit on the guy? they had padding on, he didnt..

or perhaps he was a minger. and they didnt want to get the uniforms messed up for their photoshoot, due in the next 'Hello Hello Hello'..

-Me and my Tazer, swimsuit edition?? lol

Collar Feeler

Jul 26, 2003
Just sit on him?? In order to do that you need to control the arms and legs first which they were clearly trying to do and failing miserably. The other danger we are taught quite extensively is about 'positional asphysixia' or basically suffocating to death. A condition generally bought about by large coppers in heavy kit and uniform 'just sitting on people'.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Looks over the top to me.....best let the IPCC deal with it along with the G20 fiasco.....now that did look pretty bad!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here