Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts County on final warning

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and the story I heard (from a good friend who I have no reason to disbelieve) was that during the negotiations of Seth Johnson's contract:

O'Leary had begun discussing contract terms with the player and his agent

They were close to agreeing what OLeary thought was an expensive contract at £18000/week

Ridsdale barged in, declaring he was now in charge of negotiations - OLeary left the room.

PR's opening gambit was "We won't pay you a penny over £35000 a week".

The agent asked for £40k - they agreed on £37k a week.

(aged 22 - a FIVE YEAR CONTRACT!)

The Finance Director, sitting in on the discussions, sat gobsmacked in the corner !

CLASSIC - what a 42 carat plonker :lolol:

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Locky said:
OH great idea..............lets not really care if Notts County go down the pan.
The fans deserve all they get, its totally their fault the club has been mismanaged. OH PLEASE!!

Memories are short, Had it not been for DK we probably would not even have a team let alone be playing from the Southern Counties League.
I will be going to the Notts County game on the 22nd and if the buckets are out I will certainly contribute.
I remember how other fans have supported us in our time of need.
Memories indeed are short Sod you Jack Im alright.

Very Angry !!
Who are you angry with? By all means show 'solidarity' with the Notts County fans and put a few quid in a bucket if it makes you feel better, I'll probably do the same despite my views, there's no way I could walk past a pleading County fan. But in the long run it will do nothing for Notts County or football in general, it's like giving cash to a drug addict.

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
Anyone know of cheap train tickets to Nottingham from Brighton- u can get 4 places for £54 for the whole journey but there is a bus from Brighton the Haywards Heath and the only seats available from St Pancras are on the 12.55pm which dont arrive till 2.45pm in Nottingham- cutting it a bit fine methinks

Anyone know better?:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here