Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham stag weekend

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
It's a well known FACT that for every one male there are four females in Nottingham. So if you pull it doesn't count.

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Going to nottingham for a stag weekend any suggestions would be appreciated of decent places to go and places to avoid thanks

Places to avoid...... yeh Nottingham! Rough as fook, loads of Gun crime, the City centre resembles The Bronx on a Friday and Saturday night and the reason there are 4 birds for every bloke is that the blokes have either been shot dead or have left the area to hide from their personal drugs debt. Oh and the 4 birds are all tattooed mouses with 4 kids from 5 different fathers.

Apart from that it's a great place!

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Places to avoid...... yeh Nottingham! Rough as fook, loads of Gun crime, the City centre resembles The Bronx on a Friday and Saturday night and the reason there are 4 birds for every bloke is that the blokes have either been shot dead or have left the area to hide from their personal drugs debt. Oh and the 4 birds are all tattooed mouses with 4 kids from 5 different fathers.

No, Joe has got Nottingham all wrong. I would imagine he has never been there. To not even slate Hooters suggests that.

Apart from that, great summary!

Nottingham is the pride of the East Midlands, and is a cracking night out!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Absolute BOLLOCKS. Nottingham City Centre is an absolutely top place for a night out, as a group of us found last month when we stopped over for the weekend before the County game.

Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem is a fabulous ancient pub (claims to be the oldest in England, circa 1132 or something) which does superb food. The Pit and the Pendulum is a gothic themed pub which is just chuffing BRILLIANT. And we ended up in a retro 80's nightclub called The Reflex with a revolving dancefloor, but I was so smashed by then I can't remember that much tbh.

Forest next season is a NAILED ON trip next season, Nottingham is a top, top city.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Absolute BOLLOCKS. Nottingham City Centre is an absolutely top place for a night out, as a group of us found last month when we stopped over for the weekend before the County game.

Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem is a fabulous ancient pub (claims to be the oldest in England, circa 1132 or something) which does superb food. The Pit and the Pendulum is a gothic themed pub which is just chuffing BRILLIANT. And we ended up in a retro 80's nightclub called The Reflex with a revolving dancefloor, but I was so smashed by then I can't remember that much tbh.

Forest next season is a NAILED ON trip next season, Nottingham is a top, top city.

PM [MENTION=11713]DerbyGull[/MENTION] he's a Notts local, I live down the road but don't go out on the piss to Nottingham much...... seen they do a few piss up boat trips on the trent...... so many bars, where to start is the question

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any of you chaps tried finding the gents at the Pit and the Pendulum ?

That was just a GENIUS touch. Bloody love that place. If that was in Brighton, I'd make a beeline for it every night out.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
PM [MENTION=11713]DerbyGull[/MENTION] he's a Notts local, I live down the road but don't go out on the piss to Nottingham much...... seen they do a few piss up boat trips on the trent...... so many bars, where to start is the question

I'm prob no more familiar to Notts than you PW. Moved over in Jan'11 and been doing too much work since to really discover Notts. That Trent thing sounds ace!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Nope, there's no gun crime, knifings are rare and the town centre is smothered in state-of-the-art CCTV. Having said that, there have been a few people kicked to death in recent years, all alcohol-related.

I guess people are biased. When I lived in Derby they all said Mansfield was just a town full of chavs and rough as fook and that Notts was crime central. In my opinion I would say Derby is the shithole blot on the landscape and Nottingham is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, admittedly i live in Hucknall now (not far from you :D ) so you can't really get an idea of what it's like to live in Notts when i'm living just outside. I've never been to Mansfield apart from drive past field mill.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I guess people are biased. When I lived in Derby they all said Mansfield was just a town full of chavs and rough as fook and that Notts was crime central. In my opinion I would say Derby is the shithole blot on the landscape and Nottingham is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, admittedly i live in Hucknall now (not far from you :D ) so you can't really get an idea of what it's like to live in Notts when i'm living just outside. I've never been to Mansfield apart from drive past field mill.

'ooknull eh? I used to do volunteer work there. Can't advise on where to go for a stag do as I would expect you'll be going to Hooters, Wetherspoons etc. whereas I used to frequent the Olde Salutation and Canal House, which would be destroyed by stag dos.

Never had any trouble finding the loos at the Pit and Pendumlum [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], but then people always seemed to leave the bookcase ajar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here