Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham stag weekend

'ooknull eh? I used to do volunteer work there. Can't advise on where to go for a stag do as I would expect you'll be going to Hooters, Wetherspoons etc. whereas I used to frequent the Olde Salutation and Canal House, which would be destroyed by stag dos.

Never had any trouble finding the loos at the Pit and Pendumlum [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], but then people always seemed to leave the bookcase ajar.

The toilets are behind a bookcase? Easy didn't mention that! Do you also have to slide down a pole to access them?
images

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I believe the 4 women to the man thing harks back to when they lots of women working in the lace industry... Not sure they had webbed feet and one eye then though.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In-laws live in Nottingham, 10 years ago it was just about OK, now it is a 100% dump. FACT

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
It is so amusing reading this thread. Having lived in both Brighton and Nottingham during my adult life (i now live roughly halfway between nr Oxford). The anti Northern city bias is incredible "ive been once and its a dump" etc etc. Nottingham like Brighton is a fantastic city and in fact it has so many things about it that are better, to list a few:
A better nightlife fact - more varied and more outlets
Far more attractive women - the 4 2 1 thing is bs, but there are more women and they are better looking
Most of of its inhabitants work in Nottingham, which helps with the nightlife
The point above is helped by the fact you can very easily earn a decent wage in Notts as there are many big businesses not just AMEX
Its less pretentious
Also lets not forget Nottingham University students are much more likely to settle in the city of their university during the first 5 years post graduation than any other University in the country. This kind of backs up what i am saying (i hope)
Enjoy your stag!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
It is so amusing reading this thread. Having lived in both Brighton and Nottingham during my adult life (i now live roughly halfway between nr Oxford). The anti Northern city bias is incredible "ive been once and its a dump" etc etc. Nottingham like Brighton is a fantastic city and in fact it has so many things about it that are better, to list a few:
A better nightlife fact - more varied and more outlets
Far more attractive women - the 4 2 1 thing is bs, but there are more women and they are better looking
Most of of its inhabitants work in Nottingham, which helps with the nightlife
The point above is helped by the fact you can very easily earn a decent wage in Notts as there are many big businesses not just AMEX
Its less pretentious
Also lets not forget Nottingham University students are much more likely to settle in the city of their university during the first 5 years post graduation than any other University in the country. This kind of backs up what i am saying (i hope)
Enjoy your stag!

Can't disagree with this at all. Brighton and Notts both great cities (and not many cities in England would get that label), Brighton being my favourite and of course the best! but Notts isn't too far behind.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is The Bomb still open or has it changed to some shitty new club?

Had some DOUBLE WICKED nights in there as a YOUTH.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Currently at uni in Notts. Ye Olde Trip is a must visit, had a pint in there yesterday it's a superb pub. There are plenty of nice restaurants for eats as well, Petit Paris is a very reasonably priced restaurant in the city centre that I would suggest, The Living Room in the lace market is also good and Harts Hotel has a brilliant restaurant (slightly more pricey but worth it).

There is an indoor go kart track about 15 minutes drive from the city, if you fancy that let me know and I will dig out the details. There are loads of bars, BZR is triples for singles so very cheap and cheerful on a Friday. You certainly won't struggle to find things to do and places to eat/drink, enjoy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here