Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest - The New Man City?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It won't kick in for another few years yet but when it does any club making losses of over 5 m will have fines depending on how much they exceed it and a transfer embargo if they end up getting promoted.

So this wont affect a rich owner coming and throwing money around then?

I thought there was something to do with only being able to spend a certain percentage of generated income on player wages.

Am I wrong?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Had them down as relegation candidates, not now then? More strong competition for us to face this season.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
they still have to attract decent players to become a decent side. That dont happen over night.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So this wont affect a rich owner coming and throwing money around then?

I thought there was something to do with only being able to spend a certain percentage of generated income on player wages.

Am I wrong?

Losses includes money spent in players. I don't think it's a % think anymore but a flat £s of losses. I posted a table explaining it on here the other day, will try and find it.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
There are a few teams around with very rich owners. Doesn't mean they're going to throw stupid money about like Sheikh Mansour has for Man City. Also the Championship FFP is very different to the FFP in the Premier League in that the 'fair-play tax' on losses that these teams make when getting to the Premier League is distributed to the other teams that adhered to the rules.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
259kciv.jpg

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
......a fine if promoted, to the Premiership, where they say promotion is worth £100 million.

Not much of a deterrent.

Failure to get promoted has it's pitfalls, too. Clubs promoted to the Premier League that fail to adhere to the rules must pay a fair-play tax on their losses, ranging from 1% on the first £100,000 to 100% on anything over £10m. Non-promoted clubs will not be punished financially for failing to adhere to the new rules, but instead placed under a transfer embargo.

So, taking QPR as an example, they made a loss of £25.4m in their promotion season and would have been fined an estimated £3m if the new regulations had been in place last year - after excluding unaffected investments, such as youth spending.

But I agree with you. You're right, it's not much of a deterrent really.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Failure to get promoted has it's pitfalls, too. Clubs promoted to the Premier League that fail to adhere to the rules must pay a fair-play tax on their losses, ranging from 1% on the first £100,000 to 100% on anything over £10m. Non-promoted clubs will not be punished financially for failing to adhere to the new rules, but instead placed under a transfer embargo.

So, taking QPR as an example, they made a loss of £25.4m in their promotion season and would have been fined an estimated £3m if the new regulations had been in place last year - after excluding unaffected investments, such as youth spending.

But I agree with you. You're right, it's not much of a deterrent really.

who get the fair play tax?

uefa or the other clubs in the league of the offending club?

i know which one it should be but i am guessing this alleged fair play is going to line Platinis pockets?

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
who get the fair play tax?

uefa or the other clubs in the league of the offending club?

i know which one it should be but i am guessing this alleged fair play is going to line Platinis pockets?

I believe it goes to the other clubs in the league that have adhered to the rules. Any of those that have not, and do not get promoted do not get a share of this 'tax' and have a transfer embargo placed on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here