Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notice for intended termination of rivalry - Sign Up Here

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Swap them for Southampton - great team, horribly creepy manager, they hate Poyet with a passion, their old school rivals Pompey are probably even worse than the Croydon mugs

Yes, swap the Nigels for the scummers, there's a real rivalry

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've said it before: recent events with Southampton by far outweigh the events that instigated our rivalry with Palace in the 70s. And as Brovian right says, these things never have been and never will be permanent. Just sayin'.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So now we are going to lower ourselves to the same level of humour as the trailer trash? :facepalm:

This is the sort of joke that makes us look numpties come the next time we draw at home or lose.

For those who seems to have been on another planet WE DID NOT WIN LAST NIGHT!! We dont get bragging rights from looking abetter team. How many teams have lost games after playing the other team off the park.

Get real please or maybe you should be supporting Palace and not Brighton.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If Crystal Palace continue to have the most ridiculously over-policed policy in the country, I think the cost of this to them, will put them back into administration faster than any overpaid players have done in the past.

Their supporters (rightly so IMO) are incensed over last nights fiasco.

Would really like to know what the police costs were for last night.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Firstly they haven't always been our rivals and secondly it's a joke. As the OP said they issued us with an official 'Termination of Rivalry' notice when we were shit so it's quite funny to do the same back to them. Doesn't mean it IS terminated.

Thank you.

I guess some people can't even remember Gullseye etc. You can be sure Palace fans were not writing in to their Fanzine, suggesting the person who wrote it was a cock.

If anything this was supposed to be bait for the Palace trolls on here. Then you get responses like that from Brighton fans. NSC f***ing riles me sometimes.

Please, if you do not agree, then fine. . . tell me. You know as if you were having a chat with me face to face in the pub. I was not aware NSC was now considered to be the school playground FFS.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I got you Tummy Burger, but then I'm old school. A few posters on this thread weren't yet twinkles in their father's eye when Gulls Eye was laid to rest. The amount of people who take flippant posts on here literally is marginally disturbing. It's NSC, is anything serious on here?

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
southampton had 31K when we came to town. they havent had an attendance like that for many teams. it's def a grudge match for both sets of fans.

They had 31,524 when we went there!!
It will never end because we teach our young to feel the same as us older ones :)

As your song last night tried to prove "Jump around if you hate Palace" about 60 of you were jumping, teach them young I say, teach em young

D

Deleted member 18477

They had 31,524 when we went there!!
It will never end because we teach our young to feel the same as us older ones :)

As your song last night tried to prove "Jump around if you hate Palace" about 60 of you were jumping, teach them young I say, teach em young

lol i don't want it to change. i love hating palace!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Why on earth would we want to "drop" them now that we are actually on a level playing field with them for the first time in my, and many others, Albion supporting lifetime. Anyways you can't just drop rivals, that would be the very definition of plastic.

Agree about stopping the hatred though

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I concur. The South London Goon Squad are no longer serious rivals to us. Always a selling club, sh!t ground, sh!it fans, sh! everything about them. Consign them to the same level as Aldersh!t Town.

I can exclusiverly reveal that our new South London rivals are

Purley St Germain

TNBA

TTF

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Many years ago, Gullseye reported upon a similar article in the Palace Fanzine.

Can we seriously consider this pathetic lot as serious rivals anymore.

1 - Can't fill their ground when we are in town

2 - Play goal music ( Enough said )

3 - Any team who's fans bang a f***** drum for 90 minutes, to cover for the total lack of vocal support is just plain wrong. Did not hear one chant from them all game.

4 - They have about 40 children who jump up and down occasionally, cannott be heard. .. . . . and then have the audacity to call themselves Ultra's.

5 - They are heading for the lower reaches of English Football, whilst clearly we are heading for bigger and better things.

Time to forget about Palace. After next season we won't play them for years.

Ahhhh, didums! You couldn't beat us last night so we have the bragging rights for this year so you want to give up the rivalry! And please explain point 5 in more detail Sir?? The future is bright for us in many ways matey, we might play in a shithole but the PLAYING/COACHING STAFF is what matters and we will be even or ahead of you in that regard, i have no doubt. Williams and Zaha are talents that you can't get close too and will only get better in the next 2 years. If we do sell them, we will be looking at a combined £15-18 million for the 2 of them and we can build a whole new team twice over with that. The futures bright, the futures the Palace academy!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
In 10years time Crawley will be our main Rival. Palace are becoming a pathetic excuse of a club

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Ahhhh, didums! You couldn't beat us last night so we have the bragging rights for this year so you want to give up the rivalry! And please explain point 5 in more detail Sir?? The future is bright for us in many ways matey, we might play in a shithole but the PLAYING/COACHING STAFF is what matters and we will be even or ahead of you in that regard, i have no doubt. Williams and Zaha are talents that you can't get close too and will only get better in the next 2 years. If we do sell them, we will be looking at a combined £15-18 million for the 2 of them and we can build a whole new team twice over with that. The futures bright, the futures the Palace academy!

The way you reply shows desperation and worry, are you worried? We couldn't beat you, no. But we were all over you in the last 10-15 minutes, listening on the radio, this sounds like when you had all 11 men on the defensive....

However, it does seem quite strange you can't beat us at your ground though....

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Many years ago, Gullseye reported upon a similar article in the Palace Fanzine.

Can we seriously consider this pathetic lot as serious rivals anymore.

1 - Can't fill their ground when we are in town

2 - Play goal music ( Enough said )

3 - Any team who's fans bang a f***** drum for 90 minutes, to cover for the total lack of vocal support is just plain wrong. Did not hear one chant from them all game.

4 - They have about 40 children who jump up and down occasionally, cannott be heard. .. . . . and then have the audacity to call themselves Ultra's.

5 - They are heading for the lower reaches of English Football, whilst clearly we are heading for bigger and better things.

Time to forget about Palace. After next season we won't play them for years.

Haha, I nearly put my back out laughing. Give up the rivalry, you funny guy.
So we are going down, you going up? Stop it, you're killing me.
See you next season.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Interesting thread

From a Bournemouth angle - if we had quite a good rivalry with you in the early 70's before Palace, who were your rivals before us? I presume Pompey??

Seems like alot of these rivalries have only developed in the last 40/50 years or so - Stains and Pompey, you and Palace, etc..

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
To have rivalry you need history, what history have you got with anyone else? We canhave Charlton as they ground shared with us we can have Millwall because they are scum from South London but nothing compares to Brighton and what Mullery started and many visits to the Goldstone.

Got one.....!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Boo, etc, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here