Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notice for intended termination of rivalry - Sign Up Here

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many years ago, Gullseye reported upon a similar article in the Palace Fanzine.

Can we seriously consider this pathetic lot as serious rivals anymore.

1 - Can't fill their ground when we are in town

2 - Play goal music ( Enough said )

3 - Any team who's fans bang a f***** drum for 90 minutes, to cover for the total lack of vocal support is just plain wrong. Did not hear one chant from them all game.

4 - They have about 40 children who jump up and down occasionally, cannott be heard. .. . . . and then have the audacity to call themselves Ultra's.

5 - They are heading for the lower reaches of English Football, whilst clearly we are heading for bigger and better things.

Time to forget about Palace. After next season we won't play them for years.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Who do you suggest as a replacement? Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Barcelona?

D

Deleted member 18477

southampton had 31K when we came to town. they havent had an attendance like that for many teams. it's def a grudge match for both sets of fans.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dont be f***ing silly.

Palace stuck by us when we were in the shit and now the reverse applies. Charlton tried to "muscle in" on The Palace but they are OURS.

Besides isnt it nice to LOOK DOWN on your rivals?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Dont be f***ing silly.

Palace stuck by us when we were in the shit and now the reverse applies. Charlton tried to "muscle in" on The Palace but they are OURS.

Spot on, palace is our bitch and not for giving up.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Were do I sign? Its officially dead, Southampton is our derby now and theirs as Pompey are in decline. What I witnessed at Selhurst last night was a ground and fans in decline, it was like going back to the dark ages. The Nigels need a new ground a quick or they'll end up another Brentford or Orient :)

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dont be f***ing silly.

Spot on.

Were do I sign? Its officially dead, Southampton is our derby now and theirs as Pompey are in decline. What I witnessed at Selhurst last night was a ground and fans in decline, it was like going back to the dark ages last night.
I don't mind having Southampton as a temporary thing though. Much more fun than Reading or Orient.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Lets go back to Orient

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No, its a good rivalry, but we've rather let it down the last 15 years by being shit and younger Palace have switched to Millwall. But they've got other rivals and care less about palace. No Saints are going to take us seriously as rivals when they've got Pompey down the road. It'll need a few more years and some key grudge games and it will be back as fierce as ever - at least I hope so because we're very similar clubs in stature and fanbase and perfect for each other.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont be f***ing silly.

It's fair to say I am not entirely serious. However Points 1 to 4 still apply in SPADES. And hopefully No 5 will be entirely accurate also.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Why would you even suggest that?palace always have and always will be our rivals end of.Even to suggest such a thing proves what a cock you are

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Its plain to see when you visit that decrepit pit called Selhurst why their attendances are dwindling so dramatically, it's a depressing match day experience stuck in the 70s/80s and whilst many clubs have seen the value of improving their facilities and offering more than just the 90 minutes of football, Palace clearly haven't and are being left way behind by clubs such as ourselves and a host of other clubs. The Sky Sports generation expect far more than Palace can offer and as long as they stay stuck in their footballing timewarp they will continue to lose fans and slide into anonymity.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why would you even suggest that?palace always have and always will be our rivals end of.Even to suggest such a thing proves what a cock you are
Firstly they haven't always been our rivals and secondly it's a joke. As the OP said they issued us with an official 'Termination of Rivalry' notice when we were shit so it's quite funny to do the same back to them. Doesn't mean it IS terminated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here