Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not poyets fault losing murray!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only reputation Murray has is one of a top class Championship striker.

I can't imagine he's too upset about that.

It has indeed worked out well for him. Like I said good luck to the guy.

Still doesn't alter the fact that he chose to take the palace cash rather than stay at the albion.

To be honest, he has a chance to redeem himself. His contract only runs for 15 more months...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is this going to be a weekly subject by the OP? do you have a Murray fetish? you could always go to Selhurst to watch him. please, go.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You have no idea about my circumstances, my outlook or what I would do.

Murray had a choice, he made it, and good luck to him, but the price is his reputation of being more interested in taking the palace coin than of being part of the albion.

Which is the same as 99% of footballers do.

Making the best of his career and looking after himself and his family are far more important than 'reputation' with highly fickle fans of a previous club.

And, as things stand at the moment, he made the right decision!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It has indeed worked out well for him. Like I said good luck to the guy.

Still doesn't alter the fact that he chose to take the palace cash rather than stay at the albion.

To be honest, he has a chance to redeem himself. His contract only runs for 15 more months...

But why would it matter to Murray that the cash was Palace cash ? Are you seriously saying all these idiots slagging him off for taking it would have been quite happy if he'd gone anywhere but Palace ? Or that they wouldn't have done exactly the same thing if they were footballers and didn't support the Albion ? Pull the other one !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's in today's Argus. The explanation from Gus explains a lot.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
is this going to be a weekly subject by the OP? do you have a Murray fetish? you could always go to Selhurst to watch him. please, go.
The post was more about the fact that mr poyet is trying to distance himself from the disaster that is our striker situation. Shows great character before the coming battle:blush:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't know about you, but I don't work for fun. Murray is from Carlisle and would have had no affinity to either us or Palace. Of course he's going to take the best pay package for what will be his last 3-4 year of a short career.

I have no problem with what Murray did, other than he went to Palace.

What I do have a problem is with people on here re-writing history (not you necessarily). Apparently he wanted to stay. But at the right price. Which is not the same thing as wanting to stay unconditionally.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The jury was very much out last season, as Murray was very average(finding his feet at new club). But it's plain for all too see now that Poyet screwed up spectacularly. I would actually respect Poyet if he held his hands up and admitted it. Instead of hiding behind this wages issue, which is total crap. And for anyone stupid enough to believe Poyet...just look at the players we got in the squad....It was all about, ego...as in Poyet's.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
1. Glenn Murray doesn't play for us anymore.
2. Get over it.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
The only reputation Murray has is one of a top class Championship striker.

I can't imagine he's too upset about that.

This. Plus at one stage, or maybe still to this day (correct me if I'm wrong) but he was the 2nd highest goal scorer in EUROPE after none other than MESSI! It's worked out well for him. Very well. His 2nd goal vs Leeds was absolutely top class!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
There is no way Murray would have scored 30 goals if he was here this season. Palace play two wingers, who give him great service whereas we only play one at most. Also, he missed so many penalties when he played for us that he wouldn't be on penalty taking duties.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I still can't understand how people didn't see that he was absolute quality when he was with us. Nobody should be surprised that he has come good. Gus should have sorted a decent contract for him a long time before his previous one run out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There is no way Murray would have scored 30 goals if he was here this season. Palace play two wingers, who give him great service whereas we only play one at most. Also, he missed so many penalties when he played for us that he wouldn't be on penalty taking duties.

This....Of course he would not have scored 30 goals here. Palace play to their strikers strengths....Not a bad idea really when you think about it. Seeing as football is about winning games and in order to do that you have to actually score goals, not just try and keep clean sheets.....You know what they say about clean sheets???. Clean sheets=boring night.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Players/managers show no loyalty in football. It all comes down to money. So I don't blame Murray but its hard to "get over it" as so many people suggest, especially when he keeps putting the ball in our net. Poyets wife pulls the strings (so I hear) so blame her

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
After last season, I was still on the fence, Murray wasn't setting the championship alight? This season my word he has destroyed it, to be fair, CMS would score 30 In their team, they play to a players strength, not the managers idea of how they should play

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
No excuses. The club cocked-up - massively. It won't change anything now. If Gus had really wanted him , he would still be here. We gambled the money on CMS and failed. Will he come good next season - who knows but unlikely to get it back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here